PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I am going to be heading up to our vacation property for a few days over the Independence Day extended weekend and will be spending alot of quality time sitting around the fire.

Just curious what everybody's favorite tobacco is when sitting around the fire?

Happy Fourth to all my pipesmoking friends!!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I keep planning a nice fire pit session in the yard, but all we get are rain and mosquitos. When I

get the chance, I like the home spun comfort of Granger, or if that isn't quite my mood, some 965.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Funny you should ask, but I was just smoking around a campfire and I chose Frog Morton Cellar - it smells like a campfire so it completes the experience for me.

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
Funny,I smoke Park Lane Fireside everywhere I go, but by the fire I like C&D Autumn Evening :crazy:

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
Since I'm usually around non-smokers at the campfire, I try to choose something that is pleasant to the non-smoker's senses. I usually choose Nutty Cut or Sunset Breeze.

estumpf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2013
I heard this very odd story I want to share. A young man about 18 years old in excellent health was sitting around a campfire with his buddies. Suddenly he slumped over, passed out. The buddies call 911. No drinking was going on, no smoking funny stuff, nothing wrong. The got him to the hospital and did some tests and found he passed out from carbon monoxide poisoning. The count was 30. Never heard of such a thing. They were out in the open, but no breeze.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Sounds like a great time! Either frog morton cellar or some Mclellands Legends pipe tobacco ( very very smoky flavor and aroma). Enjoy yourself over the weekend!

soggycitybob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Since I restarted my piping this year I've been jonesing to go camping with one or two myself. I lile the suggestions here myself. Thanks!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I'm at my trailer right now sitting around the fire, trying some Amphora Red and loving it!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Around the fire with friends and family has got to be one of my favorite places to enjoy a good bowl. When I'm fireside, listening to my cousins playing guitar and singing, laughing, telling stories and such, I usually enjoy a blend from my local B&M called Williams C. C. Cavendish. It's mellow, sweet flavor and wonderful aroma is relaxing to the point of absolute zen.

Status
Not open for further replies.