Pipestud Auctions Today Look Incredible (11-15-14)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
If you follow/buy pipes on ebay at all, take a look at some of the stuff Pipestud is auctioning off in the next couple of hours. Mostly above the price range I'm most likely to acquire. But wow - everywhere in his "store" I turned theres another amazing pipe.
Where do all of these come from? I realize they're mostly consignments. But wow - there's a lifetime's collection going out the door today alone.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
Today was entertaining just to watch. I watched one pipe go from $200 to $750 from snipers in the last 5 seconds. Too rich for my blood.

graydawn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2014
I agree. Amazing pipes. Steve is becoming the preeminent reseller on EBay. Honest, reliable, and a Texas to boot.
Richard

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I really enjoyed meeting Steve at the WCPS. Heck of a nice guy. The auction that I followed was the crocodile cased Barling from 1912. I have the same exact pipe with the same exact case from the same exact year, though mine is slightly larger. Steve's pipe also had a similar issue to mine in that the vulcanite tenon had become stuck in the mortise. In the case of Steve's pipe, the tenon had unscrewed from the amber stem. I followed instructions from Ronnie B regarding how to free the tenon on mine.
I had brought mine to Vegas for the Barling throwdown with Greydawn, and showed it to Steve, who was pretty amazed to see a doppelganger. I paid nothing close to what Steve's pipe went for, so that was good news for me!
Steve always offers a first rate presentation for his auctions. He has some terrific items up for sale. A first class gent all the way around.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Just acquired my first Dunhill, Sunday on Steve's e-bay auction. Knowing him, from reading his blog remarks on here, felt good bidding for one of his pipes.

Looking forward to its arrival. I felt like I got it for a reasonable price. Everyone focused on so many other Dunhills that were being traded. At any rate I was pleased to purchase it from someone who is established at Pipesmagazine! I am just a sucker for curved stem pipe. DUNHILL YEAR 1991 SHELL BRIAR 4405 PIPE - PIPESTUD

( 390962541479 )APPROXIMATE SIZE & WEIGHT: 6-inches long. 1-3/4 inch bowl height. 1-1/2 inch rim width and .80 inch chamber width. Weighs 39.6 grams. Dunnhil's are not falling off trees in Indian Country,and for less than $200, I have my first. Now for some baccy in it :O))))))))

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Thanks, davidintexas. Smokes great too. It is a big honking pipe! But it's light weight and I love the grape leaf design the artist wrapped around the bottom of it.

graydawn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2014
Steve is the best. He is having a great run of estates and I believe handling it very well. These things come in spurts....enjoy it.
Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.