Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Marshall "Butch" Armstrong. Butch is a pipe smoker and writer for PipesMagazine.com. He enjoys camping, fly fishing, kayaking, painting, drumming and writing. He is employed as a Medical Lab Technician. He has been smoking pipes since 1980. In "Pipe Parts", Brian will talk about his collection of Disney pipes and tobaccos. Yes, they used to actually sell them at Disney World.
marshall-armstrong.jpg

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Yay! We get to hear about Brian's Disney pipes one more time. Butch looks interesting enough. I'll tune in as I always do, but Disney again? C'mon, I know it's hard to come up with stuff for pipe parts, but haven't we heard enough about Brian's Disney collection? I guess there must still be an untold story in there somewhere. By the way, the sound quality of the show is 'spot on' now that Brian moved into his basement. The transitions between segments and commercials is at equal levels and the quality of sound is crisp and rich. Nice job!

revpipe

Lurker
Aug 10, 2014
Oviedo, FL
Enjoyed the history of pipes at Disney. All new to me. Looking forward to part 2. I know that downtown Disney is not technically inside the park but there are two fine cigar shops there, both owned by the Sosa family. No pipes as I recall, but great cigars and the ability to smoke indoors. You can even bring in an adult beverage from across the street at Bongos.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I was just listening to Sun Ra's Tribute to Walt Disney and I thought of you (surprise). I still listen to and enjoy each show, though I haven't let you know in a while how great they really are. You seem to know just what we would want to hear from each guest, whether it's Mark Twain tales or running a magazine. I haven't been able to make it to one New Orleans Pipe Show meeting but I hope I can make it to the NO pipe show and out paths cross.

BTW, I don't remember hearing any of classical composer Ernest Bloch's music on your show. Check him out. Big time pipe smoker and interesting character.

Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.