PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
Here's a suggestion for promoting pipesmagazine.com....

What does everybody think of T shirts, mugs, hats, coffee cups, beer mugs, bumper stickers, drink coasters, pipe tampers, tobacco pouches, stickers, flags,....

with the pipesmagazine.com logo ??

I would love to get a 3XL size(black) golf shirt with the logo of "pipesmagazine.com" logo on the shirt.

This would create more interest and attraction to this wonderful world of tobacco pipe's and educate the benefits of pipe smoking ??!!

Summer isn't that far away....my girlfriend needs a "white" tight T shirt for the "wet T shirt" contests at the beach !!!

Let's promote this site to the Universe !!

Kevin....what do you think ??

Members....what do you think ??

skylonrow

Might Stick Around
Feb 23, 2011
Great Britain
I think that mugs, drink coasters, pipe tampers, tobacco pouches and stickers would be a great idea!
I'm not too sure on the other stuff, but I suppose its down to if people have a use for them.
I think its a good way of spreading the word of the site and pipe smoking. I think we need to educated the certain 'group' of people that pipe smoking is there. I mean not everyone is a pipe smoker, generally the kind of people who tend to smoke a pipe are clever and deep thinking people, and its about reaching out to people and showing them that pipe smoking isn't 'dead'. I mean in my town, I have never seen anyone smoking a pipe.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
There have been some suggestions lately for having official PipesMagazine.com stuff, like a tobacco blend and a pipe of the year. While this is somewhat flattering, it is not in our plans to do so at this time.
I've heard that other forums have a pipe of the year. I know that pipe clubs have their own tobacco blends. I'm sure we could arrange to have these things done.
However, the activities of producing products with the PipesMagazine.com name on them are not part of our mission as a business.
Our business model is focused on providing articles, news, information, advice and entertainment to the pipe smoking community. It is to have an online hangout for pipe smokers to chat with friends, share information and be entertained. It is to try to bring new, younger adults into the pipe smoking hobby.
We prefer to leave the marketing of pipes and tobaccos to the makers of these products and want everyone to enjoy as many of them as possible.
That said, please be aware that we cannot have unauthorized production of any type of goods or services with the PipesMagazine.com name on them.
PipesMagazine.com is copyrighted intellectual property and represents a brand that I have created and continue to mold.
The development of a brand is a combination of many different factors, and anything that has it's name becomes part of the message and image of the brand.
Anything that is developed, produced, marketed or distributed with the PipesMagazine.com name or likeness must either be owned by or licensed by Right Click Media, LLC and authorized by Kevin Godbee.

fredvegas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2010
Kevin, buddy, merchandising is where it's at. I'm in charge of some of it for our rugby team, and selling a tee shirt for $20 that only cost us $5 is a great way to keep the bills paid. Certainly it doesn't have to be the primary focus of the website, but adding income doesn't hurt. Not only that, if it makes more people aware of the website and they come read the articles, then you've killed two birds with a penny earned.
...er, something like that.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I'm not saying never, but it is not going to be this year, and there are still 10 months left to go, so let's move on.
I know marketing very well, and I also now about having a plan and staying focused, and working on the biggest bang for the buck.
However, just wait until the Chicago Show. PM.com will have a booth and I am working on having a booth babe. (Actually, they are tables, not booths.) How about 8x10 glossy autographed photos from a pipe babe?
How about the chance to have your photo taken with a pipe babe?
I appreciate the suggestions for logo merchandise. Been there, done that, made the t-shirt.
I just have too many other higher priority plans right now, and limited resources.
The BIG problem that came up in the past was when people took it upon themselves to make logo merchandise with my brand on it. The original issue blew up because of immaturity and bruised egos.
The 2nd time was innocent, immediately corrected and immediately forgiven.

fredvegas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2010
Meh. Paid-to-pose-hotts at the table are so easily forgotten. I'd rather have something I can take home and show off. But, it's not my brand, so I'll leave it up to you. Let me know when you do, though, I'll happily buy a t-shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.