PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I was wondering, hoping I am not weird, if any of you folks name your pipes? I know some name the pipe after the maker or model of the pipe, but what about a name you give your pipe?

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Interesting...never occurred to me to name my pipes. I used to, in my late teen years, give names to my guns but not anymore.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Well like I got Trusty. Recieved from my grandfather as his old estate pipe. It doesnt matter what kind of tobacco is packed i only have to light it once. Perfect cake, no defects and almost 80 years old.

johninkc

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2012
I describe a pipe I'm talking about by brand, line, and shape...
Example: Charatan's Make Executive 1/4 bent Dublin
Naming pipes, IMNSHO opinion, is what DRUGGIES do.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I ask this because my grandfather nemed several of his very old pipes that he always smoked. Thats why Trusty has kept the same name. I havent done the wacky since college. I was just thinking this morning as i was finish a bowl of Mac Berens Vanilla Cream in Trusty and was just wondering.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
I've only named one of mine.

A small dublin, may have been a BBB. When I got the thing it was covered in what looked like a very fine spray-on insulation. Kind of like what is used for texturing walls.

It was fuzzy to the touch so that particular pipe I refer to as "Ol' Fuzzy" Cleaned up well and it smokes Kendals Kentucky as though it was made for just that blend.
And no, not that it really matters but to prove a point, I'm not a

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I just received a boswell pipe the other day from one of my freinds, it is like a nosewarmer,, but not quite that short, my friend has named it stubby so it kind of stuck, no that pipe is known as stubby.
Other than that, no names for me

dienne

Lurker
Feb 6, 2012
I can't remember people's name and have more than 40 pipes. It could be funny.....

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
well my last 2 Uncles got the names of nose poker and applepot but it describes the shapes

and Wally Franks made my favorite clay pipe so i call it Wally and my first cob i call it the MO Meer

so yes i name my pipes kinda
as for the druggie thing well I been there done that then i got a job

Status
Not open for further replies.