PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey Guys I was just talking to a guy I know whose son is a Seal. He said that all of the guys on his team are getting into pipe smoking, how cool is that? I wanted to get together a care package to send to those guys. They are currently deployed but he said we could get them some stuff. I was thinking some tins would be best as they will ship well and will stay good if the box gets stuck on a ship for awhile or something. Also open to pipe donations for these guys, but please send clean pipes that don't need restored. I get enough of the other for the FPP. If anyone would like to give to this let me know.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I'd be happy to contribute. PM me your address and I'll get something out to you. This is a worthwhile venture and it's good of you to spearhead the effort.
John

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
You guys that are sending stuff be sure to put a note or card in there if you want, but for sure mark it for Seals. I get lots of other stuff in the mail and want to keep it straight.

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
Great idea, I did this sevral times for troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. One thing my contact told me though was not to put anything more than your first name on the item, also remove all magazine address labels, just to be safe.
Please PM me your address I have stuff I can send. Bulk tobaccos were fine and remember they also need tampers and pipe cleaners.

kf4bsb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2013
Here are some things I will be shipping out to you tomorrow. I love that you are doing this
Wes

www.rebuiltbriars.com

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Guys I need to convey a big thanks to those who donated to this project. I just delivered the goods to the Father of my contact Seal. He was blown away and very touched by your generosity. I received multiple boxes of pipes, tobacco, and accessories. As you can see from the tobacco pic, there is a great selection of tins and pouches. As for pipes every pipe would be one I would be proud to have in my own collection. All look like solid smokers. There was actually an Aldo Velani very similar to one I smoke regularly. Also lots of nice new cobs, one of the guys sent 2 packs in socks with a pipe tool and note, very cool. I threw in a few tins myself and included a pile of pipe cleaners and tobacco pouches that Briar Blues sent in for the Free Pipe Project. I sent along a note telling my contact Seal that if he or his teammates need anything else to let me know. Again thanks for honoring these guys!
Here is a pic of the tobacco that went out.

And the Pipes and accessories.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The Seal team can't deny the homefolks are thinking of them. Great array of pipe supplies!

Status
Not open for further replies.