PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
I realize that with the recent goings on at Pipes and Cigars that the transition has been a little rough, but I've noticed that there is still quite a bit of fire being thrown in the general direction of Pipes and Cigars and as a result, I hadn't placed an order with them in a very long time. Well the other day, I noticed that the revered Black House was in stock in bulk form. I like smoking it, and it also makes a very good bargaining chip if I decide I don't like it later. So I snagged me a couple of pounds of it along with some various tins I've been wanting to try. The shipping? Lickety split, very quick. The two pound bag of baccy was nicely packaged, and it was the right tobacco. The tins? All pristine, nothing dented, nothing dinged, and the order was correct. Is there anything more to ask? Nope, not in my book anyway. The only thing I find a bit of a bummer about pipes and cigars is that I have been trying to stock up on a couple of their New York Pipe Club blends and the only one they've had in stock for a while is the Hell's Kitchen. I don't know if they're selling a lot of it or they're having a problem blending it, but I've still got enough to last me for a little while. My recent experience with Pipes and Cigars was nothing but positive and they'll get more of my business.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I don't hate them, but I'm supremely disappointed they don't ship to Canada anymore. No matter, 4noggins is there...

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I made my first order with them this past Wednesday late in the day. I loaded up on Drew Estate tins and 18oz of Bulk Bosun Cut Plug (18oz is cheaper then 16oz with the price break over 16oz) got an email this morning that my order is processing. I'll update when I receive it.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I think we should start a wager for how many more threads will be started about this topic before the year is finished. I'd be willing to bet a tin of tobacco that we will see at least 4 more threads about the pro's & con's of P&C.
Any takers?

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
@pipenovelist, there have been quite a few post lately also about how things have turned around from myself included. Last couple shipments have been quick and packaged very well. I have seen posts like this from other members also. It just seems as though more people remember the bad as opposed to the good. I posted a few time about my dissatisfaction with P&C on a few things that I thought should not have been problems with a company of their size, BUT I have also posted when things seemed to turn around and get back to expectations also. JMO

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I received a pretty big order from P&C today and upon inspection noticed a tin of Mac Baren's Burley London Blend had lost its vacuum seal and the baccy inside was bone dry. I called P&C then and there and within a matter of minutes had a replacement tin lined up to ship on Monday. The only downside in this instance is this particular blend of Mac Baren's is on backorder now after word spread that Sutliff was discontinuing it. No worries, as they agreed to send a tin of Navy flake instead. Great customer service everytime I've had to deal with them.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I order from P&C just about every month and, even during their transitioning period, everything has stayed the same. Great all around. In fact I just placed my December order today. The only annoying thing concerning them is that they can no longer ship matches, apparently that is some kind of hazard. Wouldn't want all that tobacco burned up would I? :lol:

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
I just placed an order with them for some Black House :worship: as it is a favourite and their customer service was great!
I was quite disappointed that they STILL do not have Fusilier's Ration in stock as that is what I really wanted to get. Guess I will just watch for it and plan accordingly.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Ouch guys. All H&H products, including bulk goes on sale at 20% off for all of December. It's their calendar sale. I only answered this thread because it was already at the top, and letting the Black House guys know in case they want to order more. Hopefully this thread will fall off fast. The horse has been beaten.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
I don't hate them. But, usually what I want is not in stock, and the last order took forever. When my friend called on its status, he was given a UPS tracking number....that was actually for his CI order and had nothing to do with the P&C order.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
After the encounters I've had with Russ, I will give them my business as long as he's there. Fine human being who I will support and endorse any way I can!

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
After the encounters I've had with Russ, I will give them my business as long as he's there. Fine human being who I will support and endorse any way I can!
Same here. Russ has been more than patient with the transition and as the face of P&C, has handled all the complaints here with dignity and aplomb. He ought to be paid in quadruples what he gets.
Pipestud
PS - I've never had anything other than perfect service whenever I order from P&C.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
Pipestud you should try to steal Russ from PC. As far as the hate goes people love to complain and since PC is going through a rough patch it's the popular thing to hate on right now. We need a new meerschaum store scandal or something to take the heat off of PC.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Same here. Russ has been more than patient with the transition and as the face of P&C, has handled all the complaints here with dignity and aplomb. He ought to be paid in quadruples what he gets.
Pipestud
PS - I've never had anything other than perfect service whenever I order from P&C.
The only issues I've ever had with P&C have been things out of their control. These manufacture issues were taken care of by Russ and Niko not only immediately but better than expected. I know the recent bashing could only be taken one way, no matter how many times you say "But Russ is great". Not going to start that thread again, and have an order from SP that I hope is shipped. I realize the holidays screws everything up. Plus I gave my family copies of my 4noggins cart as my what I want for Christmas. So spreading the love to the big three ;)
So get those carts ready 12/1 at midnight 20% off H&H products, includes bulk, all lines and vintage. The AK is rocking and there's 250 8oz. tins ready to fill up those jars. Viva AK!
Hey Pipestud thanks for your quick response! Looking forward to adding them to the cellar.
Craig

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I've never had any REAL problems with them, and I've been, overall, very pleased with them. They're about the only place I order tobacco from, although I occasionally order some from Smokingpipes.com. Russ O. is a great asset to the piping community, IMO, and he's great guy to boot! For that reason, and his amazing H&H blends, I'll remain loyal to P&C. As a matter of fact, I just got 2 shipments in from them this week!

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
I've had NONE of the problems some others have complained of ... and, with the recent attention that they're now giving to bubble wrapping items before shipping (even my pipe cleaners came bubble wrapped in the most recent shipment), there just aren't many issues remaining ... I have had SOME issue with them for being slow to fill my order and get it shipped out, but for me, that issue applies to SmokingPipes as well ...
All in all, I don't know why this drum continues to be beaten ... there were some issues, those issues were addressed and have been eliminated ... why was this thread even begun? ...

Status
Not open for further replies.