PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Hey everyone I wanted to take a minute to let people know some of the tobaccos given in the Pipes and Cigars pipe tobacco of the month club.I've been receiving the PToMC shippments for two months now and just want to give everyone an idea of what you would receive if you're on the fence about it.Okay in my first shipment was 1: Russ' blend cherry cordial (bulk) 2: Borkum Riff Original (pouch) 3: Sutliff Private Stock Blend 5 (tin) 4: Drew Estate Harvest on Hudson (tin) and a lone china cob was thrown in with the tobacco.The second shipment had 1: Russ' Blend Spring Training (bulk) 2: Erin Go Bragh Irish Whiskey (pouch) 3: Peterson Irish Flake (tin) 4: Cult Blood Red Moon (tin) and another china cob.So I just wanted to get that out there to anyone who was wondering and I apologize if this this is layed out weird this is my first time adding a topic for discussion. Thanks. :)

deithial

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2012
I did the first month when it started, but then cancelled it, my choice it'sjust I am not a fan of many aro's and the pouch's don't really interest me. This last months offering sounds better, I would have been happy with the tin of Irish flake but the other 3 not so much.
I do think it's a great way for new pipers to experiment with different toby's and great for the aro lovers. But in there defense, aro's is what they sell the most of, so it's smart business on their part.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Yeah I guess people who are not very fond of aro's wouldn't really care for it.I happen to love aro's but that's just me in all my noviceness. :D

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
I've recently been getting back into aros, so don't knock it as a beginner thing. Most of the members here don't smoke aros, but that doesn't mean they're no good. Smoke what you like.
That being said, there are some good aros out there, but there are plenty of bad ones. Don't be afraid to spend a little extra money to get good tobacco. More often than not, you'll be happy :puffy:

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
I would like to see them also offer it by general tobacco types (i.e. Aromatics, Non-Aromatics, and English).

sean81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
I may have to check this PToMC out. I smoke mostly aro's so, it could be worth it.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
I'm sitting on the fence until the P&C PToMC goes the route of the music clubs where they offer a genre like Rock, Classical, Oldies, but in pipe tobacco like Aromatics, Burleys, VaPers, and English.
Then I will leap off the fence and jump in with both feet!

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
PToMC is a new concept, and we're still gauging how well it's working, how big it might become (and it's already MUCH bigger than we expected), and what changes we should consider to make it better. One of the reasons I come to the forums is to get ideas that will help us improve how we take care of our customers. We've already briefly discussed a genre-oriented platform, and I'll bring this topic up when we meet.
Russ

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Very cool, Russ. As a new pipe smoker who has ordered quite a bit from P&C and considered the PToMC, I agree with those who advocate diversity of selection. :clap:

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
One of the reasons I come to the forums is to get ideas that will help us improve how we take care of our customers.
The hardest thing about joining this hobby last year, at least for me, is trying to decide where to spend my money. I have only had good experiences with SPC, 4Noggins, and P&C. A big part of this has to be how much people like Mr. Ouellette actually pay attention to us, the consumer.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Well Russ I think I can speak for many of us when I say I appreciate you taking the time to here us out,and on a side note I think I'm in love with your Spring Training blend it's one of the best I've tried so far. :puffy:

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Yeah rsuninv I agree completely with you,all of his blends have been great this year,I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

jfox520

May 24, 2013
In today's email P&C is offering samplers that are based on genre.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Oh, by the way, make sure you read all the way to the bottom on the email about the Step Ladder Samplers, You could save some money,
Russ

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Well Russ I think I can speak for many of us when I say I appreciate you taking the time to here us out,and on a side note I think I'm in love with your Spring Training blend it's one of the best I've tried so far. :puffy:
Russ hit a home run in his spring training blend..

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
WHOA Hold On! Can somebody fill me in on this newfangled option from Pipe and Cigars? I'm not receiving emails from them. Thanks.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
It's all good looked at it on the website.I wonder if this is something that will stay static or if they will change the tobacco's every other month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.