PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I just read on another forum that they have been bought by Cigars International and moved to Bethlehem PA..Anyone have info on this.I know they are a sponsor here.I'm planning to place an order tomorrow.If they haven't changed things too much that is.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/aboutus.html
They just changed their address. They used to be located in Albany, NY

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
Time will tell what happens here.
I've always been satisfied with their service. Hopefully, things will stay the same as before the buyout.

pipinho

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2013
when did this happen? Did the staff move with them? I hope nothing changes because i love them... :(

Dec 24, 2012
Curious to know whether they will stop shipping internationally, since CI does not. I just was on their website and couldn't seem to find anything about international shipping. I don't use them so I don't really care - just interested to know.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
WTF!!!!! I live 15 minutes away and stop in at least weekly!!!! I hope this does not mean any changes to their B&M. I will be stopping in first thing tomorrow.....

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Guys

They have a major presence in the area as far as B&M's go. Huge lounge, walk in humidor and great pipe and tobacco section. I would hope the B&M would be safe and the staff as well. Hopefully Russ can provide us with some info when he is able. I will keep you posted after my visit tomorrow.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I tried doing an order yesterday and there was no Canada shipping option. I thought it was a glitch, maybe related to their inventory last week. I guess not...

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I use them a lot, if the international shipping is no longer available I will not be a happy camper. Guess I should have bought another rack or two to keep my set consistent for displaying my pipes. They were only place that carried them. Oh well, Rich looks like you're going to get a lot more love from the Canadian bretheren.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I was adding some items to my cart the last couple days on P&C and it said nothing was going to ship until Monday due to "inventory volumes being low" . I do ALL of my online dealings with P&C and have been very happy so far. I really hope that nothing changes.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
but it very well could be good news for New York State residents who can now order from P&C and not pay the usurious NY taxes.
rothnh.... that slipped right by my! That is good news! Bad news for the wallet though........... I feel some TAD already!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Yep just tried to order something and no international shipping options were available.....crud!

Dec 24, 2012
It's funny, they had a few things I was interested in (their proprietary blends) so I emailed them a couple of questions about 10 days ago. No response, so I sent them a followup about 4 days ago. Still no response. To be blunt, I was not surprised since I have always found their customer service completely lousy compared to SP and 4noggins, but I realize that is just my experience and others here have had a far better time with them.
I can only assume that CI has done the math and has concluded that such a small percentage of P&C's business is in the international sphere that it is just not worth doing it any more. I get that.

Dec 24, 2012
I see their International Shipping FAQ is gone, while the domestic one remains, so I think we can assume this is not just some big mistake.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I understand the business side of it, it's just too bad as you could only get some things from them, like my racks. My OCD will have a hard time mixing up the racks with another shape/size. I'm kicking myself now as I almost ordered another rack on my last order and decided to get one next time. Once again.......crud!

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
Thier new address is the exact same address as Cigars International now...

Status
Not open for further replies.