PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuchulain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2014
Massachusetts
While pipes and beards seem to go hand in hand, I have to ask, has anyone else managed to light their beard afire with a chin rester?

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
The only thing I have done is singed my mustache relighting a cigar that was near its end...the cigar flared up and I heard hair sizzle. Luckily it wasn't enough to make me look too silly.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I usually just keep a jawline beard and keep it pretty short.
Starting April 16th though I'll be growing out a full beard for the NHL playoffs. It'll last about two months.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
In college and in Grad school, I used my pipe to prop my head up in some ultra-boring lectures. Professors marveled that I didn't set myself on fire during class. I've damaged some pants, shirts & sweaters, but never the beard, a constant companion since 1970.

1fatbbqr

Lurker
Apr 21, 2013
I have a 6 inch beard, and have never caught it on fire. I just bought two VERY bent Peterson Systems, so we will see, as these tend to rest in my beard. I've started to break them both in, and haven't had a problem so far.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I've always kept my beard trimmed, but no, never set it on fire.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Not yet - though I keep it shortish these days. I've come close to losing an eyebrow when my Zippo was maladjusted, however...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
No pipe problems. Came home from a Christmas service one year and the elbow on my sweater had

a big burnt hole where one of the church candles had singed right through in near self-immolation.

The Christmas angels must have rescued me that night.

eastwoodaudio

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2013
Never had a problem with mine, its a good 3 inches or so. I singed my nose hairs in my youth when I used to smoke, ahem, other leafs... :oops:

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Not yet, but I'm always careful when re-lighting a cigar near the nub. I'm not to worried about it when lighting a pipe. I got a lot of years left in me, so there is plenty of time for that to happen. LOL

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
When I grow up I hope to have a beard like foggy's. :) In the meantime mine is short enough I've never caught it on fire.

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
knock on wood, no, I haven't burnt my beard with any pipes. Had a cigar with a tobacco bug in it, when that sucker popped, he sent a shower of sparks. At that time, I just had mustache and goatee and burnt them pretty odd...aside from that one fluke, no burning.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
I wish I could grow a nice thick beard :-(

1.) My genetics won't allow it...

2.) If 1 was applicable, then Uncle Sam wouldn't allow it

Status
Not open for further replies.