PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
I have a friend who is interested in pipe smoking and he wanted to know what blends he should try. I've given him some ideas already, but I remember once stumbling upon a website that offered a survey in which to find what kinds/types of tobacco one should try based on a series of questions with pictures (e.g. Do you prefer steak or three layer cake?--or something like that). After answering the questions it would then provide some tobacco blend recommendations. I can't seem to find it using Google--does anyone seem to remember this and if so, can you provide the link? Not sure how scientific it all is, but I remember it being rather fun.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
That sounds like work. Dogs are too smart for that.
06441637446508-vi.jpg

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Just took this again--my result:
Court of St. James
Tobaccos I "may also like" include St. George's Blend and Honey and Chocolate

crusher47

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2014
That is so cool! Thanks for posting that link.... I got Blend #5, Golden Age and Academy

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
If Sutliff put as much time and energy into blending as they do into making gimmicky marketing stuff like this search engine and their horrible Molto Dolce radio ad, they might have something worth smoking. Then again, it doesn't much matter to me. I won't buy their stuff on principle, since they stole the name and concept of Pease's Westminster quite shamelessly.

fishfly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2014
Dubuque, Iowa
That was fun. And a clever marketing piece. It recommended Blend 5, Balken Luxury 957, and Berkshire for me. I'll try them.

Status
Not open for further replies.