PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Yea, it's seems to work for the recent outbreak of Social Justice Deviants. I figure, what the hell, lets give it a try. Make a Facebook page, Twitter hashtag, or any other Social Media Gutter Rot we can find. Carry signs, march, chant, smoke pipes, break bottles, riot( let's just not hurt anybody or their property, which means shaking and jumping in place) leave trash behind(garner sympathy)etc...
It'll be fun. Hey, we might just make them cave and realize that these crushing polices are destroying valuable jobs. Just throwing it out there, I've seen stranger shit. :rofl:

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I don't know, man. #coalminers'jobsmatter didn't faze this "worker-loving" administration one little bit.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We're a small cohort, widely dispersed, and politically we run the spectrum. So we have to find niche issues that tweak the discussion. Since we are disproportionately older (pardon me young members) we should play the ageism card regularly. They're picking on a few million old gents and women who will rise to heaven of some other problem long before pipe tobacco gets any of us. Pipe smoking is an ingredient in sociability and we're more likely to do it, for the most part, than pot-holder weaving or model ship building (or you name it). We should harken to the historicity and tradition: pipe smoking is too difficult for others to pick up easily, so poses less of a threat. It's like Scottish dancing; some people love it and do it every week, but no one is getting crushed in the mob to join a class. It provides boutique businesses in out-of-the-way places where employment is otherwise thin. Take a look at where our online retailers are located, and add Sparta, N.C., Washington, Mo., and dozens of small communities that support artisanal carvers. We could get in front of the discussion with a Legalize Tobacco Pipe Smoking campaign with t-shirts and buttons. People might ask, "I thought tobacco pipe smoking was legal." Which gives us an opening to state our grievances. If gramps and grandmaw make enough of a fuss, it might be worth regulators' while to edit out the pipe tobacco regs and stick with pursuing vapes, which is the growth industry. The corporations which mostly started this regulatory momentum don't have a dog in this fight, so they wouldn't give a flip whether pipe smoking is boom or bust. And, as an aside, tobacco pipe smoking might be a safety value to vent off young folks who might want to have some outlet, without the high fashion and heavy marketing of other products.

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
Some how I get the picture of a bunch of old men standing around smoking pipes and

throwing lime jello at the cops.
Its not a pretty picture.
I guess I'm in as long as I can be home before dark and I don't have to touch the jello.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We do have the power to induce a really nasty room note. How much sidestream Five Brothers can the health monitors stand?

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
We do have the power to induce a really nasty room note. How much sidestream Five Brothers can the health monitors stand?
Just imagine, if you will, about 100 pipe smokers with a combined cloud of cherry aromatic, Ennerdale, Brown Twist and Tambolaka, after everyone had a big lunch of broccoli, cabbage and baked beans. We'll make them pay...
Russ

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
MSO - When you stop and think about it the government should be doing what it can to encourage us older smokers to smoke more in the hopes we die off faster ( sarcasm). They just need to ignore the fact pipe smokers live like longer.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I'm with Russ....like the Million Man March, with fumey aromatic smoke and codger farts, yea.
The crappy thing about the whole shabang, somebody will lose work that they enjoy because of the Great Regulators. Wasn't that the point of America...make private property and assets doing the thing you love to do?
#PipeTobaccoJobsMatter #LiveLongerSmokeAPipe
See this tripe gets easy the more you do it, maybe it will work for us. :D

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Careful, if we piss em off they will spend $B's on a study of the effect of pipe smoking on the ozone and Al Gore will get the climate change crowd after us, the the end is near :rofl:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Pagan the CO2 factor really heats up when smoking a pipe.
Science Fact #303: CO2 is lighter than air and thus falls toward the ground never making it to the upper atmosphere.
Disclaimer for the Green Zealots: Venus has an opaque atmosphere, no greenhouse effect ever existed on that lovlely planet. So you can't use Venus as a Puppet for the Greenhouse effect run amok because of CO2.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Science Fact #303: CO2 is lighter than air and thus falls toward the ground never making it to the upper atmosphere.
This was tongue in cheek...right? I'm kinda slow on the uptake sometimes. Must be specific. :oops:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Not sure about this #pipetobaccojobsmatter thing. Since we've never been paid for what we do at Standard Tobacco, can it really be considered a job? No, Russ is on the right track here. If we weren't smoking a pipe, what would we be doing instead, and would society be better off for it?
We need a National Codger Fart-In Day! Stand around at the supermarket, doctor's offices and DMV, dressed inappropriately, farting, cussing and complaining about stupid shit, striking up inane conversations with whatever poor soul we can manage to corner. Just make the FDA regs go away, and we will too!
men_old.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.