PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Do you use them? I think they would be useful if they had a separate pouch for a small bit of baccy.

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
I don't keep them. My pipes aren't an "investment" or a "collection", they're a long-term consumable. A slot on the rack is just fine. If I'm going somewhere, my Sorringowl pouch serves me well.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The pockets on my bags hold multiple pipes, so I use them for that purpose. I have way too many to use. The heavy leather ones are nice (Ashton, etc.) but they are so bulky, they take up too much room to use. The thin, fabric ones are the most useful to me.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Perhaps this woman could knit for you a customized pipe-sock?
th

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I keep them and typically only use them when I'm moving several at the same time in a box or something. I'm house sitting for my parents this week and using the downtime to clean some pipes so I transported them all in mismatched socks.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I only have a couple pipe socks, and don't use then. Although, I'm sick of emptying out my pocket tobacco daily...

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I have a few in a drawer somewhere. After taking the pipe out, I've never used them again, even though I kept the socks and boxes.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I keep them but only use them when traveling and I toss a few pipes in my bag. :puffy:

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I use mine all the time. I carry my pipes in a bag with no slots so the socks protect them. I would be interested in any unwanted socks. Could trade tobacco for them.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
The pipe socks make a nice sun-glasses cleaner / holder ... I don't use them for pipes.

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
Pipe socks make great marble bags or if I'm going fishing I'll throw a cob, tamp, ziplock bag of baccy in one just as a "Keepsitalltogether" but for the most part my pipes are on a rack, in my mouth, or in a good leather pipe bag.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
I use mines to travel, I use my corn cob tough, and a pipe tool and a lil bit of tobacco, it comes in handy when you are on the go.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Pipe socks are irresistable, the pipes nestle in there so nice, and seem so protected from scratches. I don't use them, but nonetheless, getting rid of them seems like heresy.

michaelmirza

Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Here are some pipe socks for ya: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00THE544C/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_srYCwbPWHK6FG
In all seriousness I keep all my pipes in the bags/pouches they came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.