PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I thought this could be fun. I was browsing through the Famous Pipe Smokers thread and got to thinking, there's a few cartoon characters that have been depicted with a pipe from time to time, and they're famous too. So why not give them a thread of their own? There's of course the obvious ones like Popeye (someone please find some awesome Popeye pictures), and I think Donald Duck has been depicted with a pipe once or twice. And although I think there are probably quite a few, I'm having a hard time thinking of them all. So bring it on and show some of our beloved pipe smoking toons!
Here's a fews good ones of Roger from 101 Dalmations :D
599e7252b4f09718e25f619d68060b55.jpg

101dam10.jpg

Anita-101-Dalmatians-5.png

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
Rabbit isn't seen smoking it, but he at least owns a pipe- observe the meerschaum calabash on the right side of his Pooh-assisted mantle:
rabbit-pipe.png

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
Celenawe from an interesting looking graphic novel called Mouse Guard - haven't read it myself but this character makes me want to.
mouseguard8.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
Drezz, that looks awesome! Where can I find it?
Here's a whole pack of Goofys
disney-smoking.jpg

I'm surprised Mr. Badger from The Wind in the Willows hasn't put in an appearance yet.
I haven't found any yet. But here's Basil, from The Great Mouse Detective who was also in the Wind In the Willows.
The-Great-Mouse-Detective-classic-disney-19895873-1280-720.jpg

DVD_group.jpg

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
Drezz, that looks awesome! Where can I find it?
I believe it's a semi-independent deal, though I know FOX bought the movie rights to it and it appears to have a cult following, spawning role-playing games and the like. I'll probably buy a copy to read over the winter. I don't know too much about it, just happen to have come by the artwork and found it intriguing!
Amazon appears to carry it, some additional info linked below, and one more pipe-related image.
http://www.mouseguard.net/books/

http://www.mouseguard.net/about/faq/
mouse-guard-winter%2Bacorn%2Bshoes.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.