Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
For our Featured Interview tonight it will be the first time we have a pipe smoking couple on the show. We will start off with Nicole Stout, and then bring in her husband Chris after the break. They both smoke pipes and attend pipe shows together.
chris-nicole-stout.jpg

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
What a great interview!
Nicole Stout is so well spoken. Almost no hesitation in any of her answers or comments.

One of the top 10 best Pipes Magazine Radio Shows.
Thank you Kevin and Brian for this great series of shows, keep them coming.

jwolf

Lurker
Jul 28, 2013
I had a very hard time understanding what Nicole was saying. Seemed like the levels were all over the place this interview. Does not help podcaster seems to be really low volume to begin with so I have to crank my stereo.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
No problem with the audio on my smartphone using podkicker (for what its worth).
A pleasant show. Nicole's discussion of her journey as she began smoking a pipe is classic stuff. She was fortunate to have someone to help all the way through the learning. I see so many people buy a pipe and then quit just because 1) they have no one to show them how to load, tamp, light, and smoke a pipe and 2) they just don't have the patience for it. I am amazed that Nicole has been smoking for a year and PAD hasn't set in.
The music was a little odd a first but as you listened to it you began to really enjoy it. We have had a number of selections from the rural blues performers. We need to try something of a more Appalachian flavor. Patty Loveless's "Christmas at my House", or Bill Monroe's "Christmas Time's a Coming", or the Stanley Brothers "O Beautiful Star of Bethlehem".

Status
Not open for further replies.