PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Hi All,
I am relatively new to pipe smoking and this community(which has been quite nice so far). I am dedicating this thread to get to know any Egyptian pipe smoker, and of course anyone else is welcome to share their experience about their pipe smoking in Egypt.
Also, how do they find/import tobacco blends, as the available blends in the market are quite few and same goes for pipes and accessories

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Lol. that's a good one.. except it was around 40 years ago and Sadat is dead. So, I'll keep to the living :D :D

hbayumy1

Lurker
Feb 17, 2017
well,i find it easier to get an egg of a phoenix than getting a tin of any decent blend around here :))

kuroneko

Lurker
Dec 19, 2016
Although current living in Japan I'm from Turkey, not too far. I've actually been planning on visiting Egypt sometime during this fall, would love to hear if you have any good local blends.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
I've been to Egypt a few times and only remember seeing shisha tobacco and smokers. Do you guys have local pipe blends, or just smoke imports?
Beautiful city and country, by the way!

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
I have been in Egypt three times and I don't think I can recall seeing any other pipe smokers. Marlboro seems to be the tobacco norm (or Cleopatra for a cheaper alternative!). I am sure a huge place like Cairo would have proper tobacconists somewhere, and probably places like Luxor or Aswan would too. Sorry I can't be any help here.
The Shish, of course, is omnipresent.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.