PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Yesterday the new Bean catalog arrived. In honor of their 100th anniversary, they are reproducing some old covers.

You can see both here, and click on them for a larger view.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
So what do we think? Is he smoking Trout Stream, Angler's Dream or Field and Stream? Thanks for posting this up. If I had more discretionary income, I'd get a print of the vintage catalog cover. That's so awesome!
-Jason

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
::clutches pearls:: I'm glad you pointed this out. Frankly, I, for one, am outraged by this cover. How dare that man smoke that noxious drug so near the impressionable child. I'm sure the small boy caught more fish because he does not smoke tobacco and blah blah blah.
Sorry, I couldn't resist. That is a really nice print though. It is a nice homage by a company I throughly enjoy.
Congratulations to LL Bean on their past 100 hundred years and here is to the next 100.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Just for kicks, I picked up an LL Bean pipe at the Las Vegas show of all places!!!!

Seeing that I live only a half hour away from the store in Maine it makes it a neat collectible for me.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
That's really interesting. Through Shaun, I've found that men smoking pipes gives people an incredible feeling of comfort. It's so deeply ingrained in our iconography that we cling to it.

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
Very cool.
I love Bean merchandise though I hate some of the prices. Nevertheless whenever the family makes a trip up to visit relatives outside Portland, a trip to Bean is usually a part of the stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.