Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Not so much a pipe smoker sighting but a pipe sighting. A little back story first. So I got a job at Bass Pro Shops a month ago in a store under construction. I work nights and so far we are just setting up the fishing department. I am in the fly fishing area. Taxidermy fish and other antique things like creels are arriving for decoration. I spotted two pipe racks, jars and a bunch of estate pipes. Briars and cobs! I had to pull a few out and check the pipes out. Needless to say I was pretty happy to see some old pipe smoking stuff at my place of work!

Dec 24, 2012
Cool story. We just had a Bass Pro Shop open down the road from us up here in Ontario. Have gone a few times. It's a really cool store.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I like that a giant retail store is not afraid of decorating with tobacco related items. Especially that this store is located in health nazi land known as California.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's pretty cool for sure. I love going to Bass Pro! Being an outdoorsman who enjoys camping, hiking, fishing, hunting and shooting I could lose myself in there for hours. I live in Ontario but the closest one to me is about a half hour away in Michigan :puffy:

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Dam Peck! You live in Canada an have one of the biggest baccy cellars. I always read about Canadians having trouble getting little amounts. How did you manage it. Seriously! I am curious.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Took me a while to find them in the main entrance since us employees enter from another door. They are on this old school fly tying desk.

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
Pretty cool. Bass pro buying out Cabelas has been somewhat bittersweet for Nebraskans, but I for one am looking forward to the revamped store down the road from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.