PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Went to the TAPS pipe show to buy an Old Dominion corncob pipe. You know how this story goes. I

met Bob Savage of Old Dominion and bought a Laughing Chief corncob pipe made of heritage Indian

corn, but couldn't resist an additional small Group 1 or 2 cob. Both have his classic bamboo stem.

Can't wait to fire up those. But on the way to Bob's table, I stopped at the Pipe and Leaf table and

saw two or three boxes of unfinished Savenelli pipes with lucite and vulcanite stems. One of the pipes

was a panel billiard, and was stamped with the Savenelli logo. I've been fixated on panel pipes lately,

and Pipe and Leaf gave me an outstanding price, and of course there was no shipping. I wasn't going

to let that go. Meantime I sampled some tobaccos and bought two bags of pipe cleaners. Then I worked

my way around to my favorite N.C. pipe carver Jerry Perry, and so help me, he had a Mountain Laurel pipe,

a beautiful light weight billiard (oh yes) panel. No luck on the door prizes or raffle, but I got a goody bag

with Sutliff's Westminster, a blend I really like, and Sutliff Balkan, which I want to try. I wanted to buy

some Edward G. Robinson from jimlinks, but by the time I'd sampled it, I'd more than "done" my warchest.

But the EGR was a superb smoke and I highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.