PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We don't know the future of pipe show samples, that much I know. Forums friends have recently blessed me with terrific samples that they didn't choose to smoke. Mike sent me a hefty plug of Peterson 3 P's which is a full strength burley blend and a bit of a nic buzz, just what I sometimes need. Scott sent me C&D Dreams of Kadath, Burley Flake #5, and Bluegrass, and Briar Works Country Lawyer. I have my summer burleys all mapped out! However, the question is, what is the future of pipe show samples? The last show I was at, TAPS a year ago April, Lane had a table lavishing samples on attendees. We've heard warning about how samples are in their final glory at shows. No definitive word from the FDA, and sometimes no news is the best news. Any inklings? Apparently the samples at the Chicago Show were generously offered. Maybe I shouldn't ask. I'm really enjoying these.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
The Chicago Pipe Show samples were .25 for a half ounce. I purchased a "grab bag" of 18 samples for $4.50. I think it's a very reasonable way to taste/sample different blends. I hope it continues.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
The law simply states you can't give away "free" samples. So as long as a small amount of money changes hands, I think in the eyes of law you are golden.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ah, that's a great compromise on the subject of samples. I hope many such accommodations can be made for our small pipe smoking demographic.

Status
Not open for further replies.