PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongcity

Lurker
Feb 26, 2015
While I'm quite new to the site and to pipe smoking as well (11 months), I've spent more time reading and educating myself on pipes and tobacco than I should. I was able to learn enough to somewhat safely buy a couple of nice, older Sasieni pipes. One or two I'd like restored by someone gifted and reliable - its a very early eight-dot. I don't have much of an idea how expensive a first-rate service is for various aspects of the service, either. I'd appreciate any information.

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
Walker pipe repair is a good one. I believe Dan at Pauls pipes does restorations as well.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
strongcity, First, welcome to the forums. Walker does phenomenal work. I have been astounded by the results. I just got back a pre-republic Peterson's I had sent in for restoration. I had no idea my pipe could look so good. Mike's fee ($39) is well worth it, and the extra $5 for ozone treatment (to remove musty smells and "ghost" flavors) is a bargain. I have several more restorations on his schedule, and I expect more excellent results.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I love working on Sasieni's. Shoot me some pix of your pipe. I only "charge" a couple of dollars to mail it back to you and one tin of tobacco (but I'm selective on what pipes I undertake). My restorations are here:

http://rebornpipes.com/author/upshallfan/

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Hands down Tim West as he is the only one I let near my meerschaums and Rick at Briarville is the only other one I trust with meerschaum work. There are I am sure many others but those are the two I know do a lot of very good restoration work.

Status
Not open for further replies.