PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cali43

Lurker
Apr 1, 2015
Hey guys I'm new to the forums. I'm starting to make pipes and very new to this realm. I'm looking for help finding vendors of particular parts. More specifically I'm looking for a band/mortise part that's rounded and a stem mouthpiece which ideally matches the mortise hole either threaded or a push and pull mechanism. I'm having a hard time finding what I'm looking for.
I want to be able to glue the band/mortise into the end of the shank and have a stem/tenon which will fit nicely in there.thank you

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Welcome to the forum! Hope you find what you are looking for. Great group of folks here, so I am sure someone will know.
Hitting the "post" button 3 times is maybe not the first impression you wanted though.
:rofl:

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
IF I'm reading your post right you won't find much out there to do what you want. Most pieces like that are custom made one at a time by the pipe maker. Carolyn at Pme does have a couple of acrylic extension that are glued into the shank, but even with those you will still have to turn the tenon to fit it and the extension may require drilling.

http://www.pipemakers.org/misc_products.html

Welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.