Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview tonight is with Jeremiah Sandahl. Jeremiah is a part-time pipe maker, full time web developer, and a classically-trained piano player. Tonight's music will be performed by Jeremiah as well. In the "Pipe Parts" segment, Brian will talk more about pipe shapes. This time he will tell us which pipe shapes he considers the best shapes for smoking—the Pot & Poker.
JeremiahInTheWorkshop.jpg

Jeremiah Sandahl

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Haven't gotten into the Prince shape yet, but I do have a Poker that I love.
It's refreshing to hear a carver say, "I wanted someone to tell me what was wrong with my pipes and how to make them better.". It's alright to be a nice person and compliment someone on there work, but sometimes people just want the Gods honest truth of what's wrong with their work so they can improve it.
Way to tickle the ivory Jeremiah! Just as talented on the piano as you are with the briar.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Brian, thanks for another great show.
I've just caught myself up again on the last four weeks of radio show broadcasts. Thanks for continuing to do this for the pipe community.
Two of my favourite memories from last year's Chicago show were spent with you and your guests on the last two shows. Learning about blending from Per and talking pipes with the two of you was a wonderful way to break in the smoking tent. Per is quite the gentleman, and you're no slouch contrary to popular belief. I just heard that Per will be visiting our B&M in May and look forward to seeing him again.
My other favourite smoking tent memory from last year's show was spending Saturday night smoking with Jeremiah Sandahl, Walt Cannoy, brdavidson and damnyak. We just laughed for about three hours straight. Jeremiah was the first pipe maker I commissioned a pipe from. I was new to pipe buying, and he was new to pipe making, and while he has certainly refined his craft since making my pipe I still smoke it with relish and enjoy it very much. Here is a link to the thread on that pipe: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/my-first-commissioned-pipe-sandahl-pipe. As you can see from that discussion, there was sone frank feedback offered by some forum regulars.
It sure was a treat to be able to smoke the pipe he made me, at the same table with him.
PS - If you ever want to break Cannoy, mention "Russian Nesting Doll Tampers"
Thanks for

Status
Not open for further replies.