Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Yes, we are doing a show tonight!
Abe Herbaugh started making pipes in 2009, and has already carved out a loyal and growing customer base. He is also a musician, instrument repairman, and long-range hiker.
abe_herbaugh.jpg

(Photo Courtesy of SmokingPipes.com)

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
A great choice. I've been following Abe's work for several years now and met him at the Richmond show. If I ever do a pipe commission, he is on the short list. I just downloaded the show.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
Really enjoyed the show including the music which had my wife wide-eyed in delight and Brian's perhaps-a bit-heavy WVa jokes. Poor Abe carried it off though. :)

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I really enjoyed this Episode. Abe thinks he can join us at forum meet & great at the JB Hayes shop in Winchester on 12/28 (see that thread for details).
One note on GBD's (that part was also great!). To get what is commomly known as a "pre-Cadogan" era pipe, you need to get the brass rondell AND "London, England" straight line stamping. The round "Made In London England" stamp means it is a Cadogan era pipe and some came with brass rondells.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
Jones, you were at the Richmomd show too? Next year we will have to meet up! I lived in Richmond for about 4 or 5 years while in seminary. I'd move back in a heartbeat!

Status
Not open for further replies.