PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Got some work done today. Forearm and upper arm. However, I had one of my tats modified somewhat. See if you can pick up on the added work....
imag1444.jpg

this was the main work done. Mi Adelita. The original sketch done by my wife....
imag1446.jpg

*edit* - Moved to General Discussion -Jason

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
well, it was never intended to be "pipe related ink". Here is the original piece, as I got it a while back...
catcig.jpg

I don't smoke cigarettes, but it went with the cat, in terms of the character. Over time, however, I got tired of the fact it had a cigarette. Then, I got tired of folks asking "is that a f**kin joint, dude?" I actually wanted to slap the shit out of a punk kid who asked that one time. Not sure why i reacted the way I did when he asked it, but I really just wanted to hurt the guy.
I do, however, smoke a pipe. And the pipe fits the character of the cat, and actually changes it somewhat, in my opinion, into a bit more mellow and world wise cat. or maybe, that is what I want to believe.
In any case, since I was in the shop getting shit done on the other arm, I went ahead and had the artist change it up. He got to it last, and he asks me "You got that pipe? I don't really know what a pipe looks like, to be honest." I had a Grabow Viscount Adjustomatic I had been puffing on when he took smoke breaks. I bought it from LoneStar off the forum here. So, that is a representation of a Dr. Grabow pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.