PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
That... Is... Fantastic. That would look great beside my recliner. I wish I could find things like that around here. Congrats! Post another pic after you have her all stocked up

thesmokingtexan

Can't Leave
Jul 11, 2014
The curved section ontop is for a tobacco jar. Amazingly my wife didn't give me any trouble about buying it. She likes unique antiques so that helps.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I went to a flea market and bought a spice rack for $2.00. It looks like it might work if I can devise separators that look compatible. Also, one of those woven wooden salad bowls that has a rise in the middle and six distinct shallows around it...nice rich color...will serve as resting place between smoke/clean/rack.
That's a beautiful old cabinet ya got right there!

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Very, very nice find! I'm wondering if the two drawers are tin lined? We have an old point of purchase cigar cabinet that came out of an old billiard hall. It stands upright with triple doors and looks something like a large China cabinet. The upper doors are glass and my wife uses the upper part as her China cabinet. The lower doors are solid panel doors and I use that as a tobacco cabinet. We also have an old oak dental cabinet and I keep some pipes & tobacco stored in it as well.

thesmokingtexan

Can't Leave
Jul 11, 2014
No the drawers are just wood. I plan on putting my pipe cleaners, tools, lighters, ect. In the drawers and my pipe tobacco in the cabinet. It is nice that it has the top shelf area for loading the pipe cause I have been getting fussed at by wife for leaving tobacco crumbs on the counter top.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Thanks for the reply. I have seen old back bars and tobacco cabinets where drawers were tin lined. In later years they were lined with galvanized steel. I have an old 10 ft long back bar but with the crown in place it is too tall and will not fit under an 8 ft ceiling. It has 5 drawers across the front and 2 of them are tin lined.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
That's really a great cabinet. I tag along with the wife when she goes antiquing, always hoping to find that one-of-a-kind piping item like you found. They're out there, and when you're lucky enough to score one, it's a great feeling. Well done, Sir!

roryrumfelt

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2014
Ahh it looks even better with pipes in it, Im pretty sure this puts my coffee can with holes in the top to shame in looks AND performance! hahaha.

Amazing find man!

Status
Not open for further replies.