PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Received today as a gift to myself - since I've never seen the pipe, or tried the tobacco, or used those matches I thought it would be a cool thing to get it all packaged up for myself. The pipe guys, as I've said before, really have kicked it up a notch with premium packaging wrapped around our hobby. The box comes in a standard cardboard shipping box but when you open that up you receive a nicely packed Pipe Guys box:
VieJt25.jpg

Upon opening up - the box itself actually seals magnetically - you see the pipe, small bag for matches and czech tool, tobacco and a note. Under the pipe is the cleaners.

T9EPYqQ.jpg

The pipe is the Wessex Bristol, pre-chared inside and appears well made, which is one of the reasons I was interested. I have not taken anything out of the box though because I'm actually going to wait to do anything with it until Christmas...
(update imggur.com who hosts the images is having issues)

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
That is a nice looking pipe and stunning presentation. Cheers to the pipe guys! :clap:

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
While I'm by any means a beginner at pipe smoking, this set is geared towards giving to a brand new pipe smoker and I must say, if I was someone who was considering starting to smoke a pipe - I'd be floored if someone gave this to me. Pretty bad-ass, so I'd recommend this type of set for any new smokers.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
That is a great package and the website is quite nice too. I like that there is a story behind their motivation as well.

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
Very nice looking pipe, and the package is sweet.!!!!

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Very nice marketing skills, a great starter system with everything you need. I can assume that there is a beginners pamphlet there as well for proper loading, lighting, tamping technique. Well done from the Pipe Guys :clap:

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Pylorns: I've been thinking of giving the Pipe Guys some business. That is just a very neat presentation. What's not to like!

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
I can assume that there is a beginners pamphlet there as well for proper loading, lighting, tamping technique.
The little note has the link to their full guide on their website on how to smoke a pipe which is a huge guide that is broken down eloquently. http://thepipeguys.com/how-to-smoke-a-pipe/

Status
Not open for further replies.