PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
A couple of weeks ago I turned 30, and my girlfriend took me out to buy a pipe. After checking out a couple shops, I finally found a gorgeous Stanwell with a spectacular ring grain blast at a tobacconist called Zigarren. I am pretty sure it is one of the newer Italian made Stanwell's, but I am thrilled with it. I don't have any experience with the Danish made Stanwell's, but I cannot find any flaw's in the one I have. It's comfortable, well balanced and smokes wonderfully.
Couldn't have asked for a better present!
img042-600x450.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
You are a lucky man. I love Stanwells, and lovats, and that golden danish finish. Congrats, its a beauty.
PS if it is stamped "Danish Design" its made in Italy. Trust me, it doesnt matter. Both of mine are DD pipes, and both are great smokers.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
I too turned 30, about 850 weeks ago. That's a sharp looking Stanwell. You have me thinking about pulling out the wallet again.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Happy Birthday and congrats to you for having a very understanding girlfriend. Trust me, they are hard to find. LOL

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Happy 30th birthday Neil! Beautiful Stanwell. Hope she smokes well for you. I love me a little lovat.

billbearcat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2011
I am smoking some Prairie Wind in the same pipe, a Stanwell Golden Danish 98. I love this pipe and try to only smoke PW in it. I hope yours smokes as well as mine.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Happy belated birthday, Neil.
I hope you have a wonderful year and that your new burner gives you decades of great smokes.
-- Pat

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. An excellent birthday present. I hope you enjoy it for many more birthdays yet to come.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Love the pipe and now that it is your 'birthday pipe' it makes it extra special. Happy Birthday sir, I wish you many more and great smoking throughout all of them.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Your girlfriend knows the way to that man's heart is through his pipe rack. I'm unclear whether this is a Danish-made

or Italian-made pipe, but having recently bought my first Stanwell (bulldog 32) that turned out to be "Danish Designed,"

that is made in Italy, I would say either source is fine. Stanwell's are refined smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.