PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I do not. Many of my cobs are equipped with Forever Stems, which do not accept a filter anyway. The ones with stock stems, I run without filters because I like the open draw, and there is no worry about moisture because cobs are so absorbent.

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
I take the filters out before I ever smoke any of my cobs. Never had good luck with filters and have had great smoking without. I have heard tell about balsa wood filters. I am intrigued if these would fit my MMs, and if so, what kind of smoke I would get. (Due to the fact that my smoking budget goes straight to tobacco for the time being, I may never know)

greshapa

Lurker
Jun 16, 2016
Pittsburgh
i use medico filters(the only ones ive tried) in the cobs i use to smoke VaPers and Nightcap/EMP from. i found it doesnt change the taste of them much, and makes the smoke cooler and drier.
all they really are is a piece of paper with baffles cut into it to absorb moisture. its nothing like a cigarette filter

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
I throw mine out. I like the open draw and haven't had a problem with moisture.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
I smoke mine without filters mostly out of laziness. I don't notice much a different with them in so I save myself the hassle and leave them out.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I don't use them either. Just easier to run a pipe cleaner through them when I'm finished smoking than it is to change the filter. Unlike cigarettes, a pipe filter is mainly about moisture removal.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
For those that do find the draw on a cob too open I've found that Savinelli balsa filters will fit perfectly, in a filter stem of course, help tame the draw, and do a great job absorbing moisture without affecting taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.