Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I was googling pipe stores in Barcelona Spain in anticipation of a trip I have planned to Europe next summer, and I stumbled upon this:
http://www.bpipaclub.com/whatisbp.htm.html
Man, wouldn't you love to live in a place where you could join a club like this?

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
I was in Barcelona earlier this year, and had no idea this place existed. However, I am attending another meeting there next year - I doubt the meeting will see much of me !!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
If it weren't for the insane anti-smoking movement in this country, maybe we could have something like this! Wow!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I usually go every three years but always have family things planned. Being in Spain none of my relatives really care if I fire up a pipe or a Cuban, so I pretty much smoke wherever I want. I would LOVE to have this kind of club nearby.

Actually, I would think that insane smoking laws would force us to create more places like this, private clubs for smokers only. As long as admittance is for members only, you can have a club where you can smoke freely. We have many in our area, cigar bars, hookah bars, etc. These are setting up in areas of our state that are adapting anti-smoking policies. The rest of our state, you can smoke as long as the business owner doesn't object.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I do have a place down the street from me that is more of a cigar vault/lounge place. You can bring your own booze and there is a bartender there who will "mix" your drinks for you, big screen TV's and a poker table. Its $25/mo for minimal access with Corporate Sponsorship up to $12,000/ yr.
I would prefer to put an addition on my house with a 15X15 room with a TV, climate control, proper ventilation, and a leather chair.

Dec 24, 2012
Don't assume that the anti-smoking zealots won't attack private clubs. The legislation in Ontario extends to private clubs. Here is a story discussing this:
http://www.ontariocondolaw.com/2009/12/articles/case-studies/court-of-appeal-smokes-the-private-club-defence/

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Pipe club envy, penis envy, when will the envy stop? :nana:
That is a very cool looking club, hopefully they have enough sense to not allow a certain envious Canadian entry into it's hallowed halls.

Status
Not open for further replies.