PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I mentioned to Michael Parks sometime back that I was thinking about getting some form of cabinet made to store my pipes.
A few weeks ago Michael e-mailed me and said that a contact of his made Jewellery cabinets out of quarter sawed oak and when he was looking at it he thought the plans could be modified to make a really neat pipe cabinet.
The Jewellery cabinet armoire looks like this:
u7hsQXn.jpg

PZfXeOs.jpg

swsD2TN.jpg

Michael said he would come up with some ideas to modify this for pipes. He also helped me source pipe hanging clamps for the vertical drawers. Here is what he sent on my behalf to the furniture maker (I have covered Michael's phone number):
a3hqJvg.jpg

sWLbXLP.jpg

It is an interesting idea and we will see what comes of this project.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
peckinpahhombre:
Given the comments on the Forums concerning the purported size of your pipe collection, would a lone cabinet made by a carpenter be sufficient? Perhaps a construction contractor making some sort of building might be better choice? :)

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
You know what they say about guys with big pipe collections?
Multiple cabinets...
That looks very promising and Micheal seems to have covered all the angles necessary for pipe use. I'll look forward to seeing the completed cabinet.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Not only am I looking forward to seeing how these cabinets look finished but how they look STOCKED with pipes.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
This is a beautiful cabinet with great potential. But, my thinking is that since most of us smoke all of our pipes, wouldn't a tight closed cabinet stop the air circulating to fully dry out the pipes after use?
I store my pipes in open racks where air can circulate freely.
Just thinking.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
That is beautiful!!! Great idea!!!

I picked mine up used through Craigslist for $100. Apparently it was left in an abandoned storage unit full of old store fixtures, a great place to look should you not have the cash for custom.
here

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Consider a nitrogen purge system to cut down on stem oxidation. And perhaps and outboard humidification system to keep the briar at it's optimal moisture content.
This doesn't have to be overly complex. Here, I designed one for you. It will look like this:
chemicalplant.jpg

Mar 30, 2014
wv
That looks like a fine idea. Someone posted a pic of their pipe cabinet on the forum not too long ago, and it was a map chest.

That was a great idea to store pipes.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
My wife would tell me those cabinets are too good for pipes and commandeer them.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
looks good. tons of potential with that cabinet. You could fit a lot of tobaccy goodness in that thing.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I think the final product will be both beautiful and quite functional. However, from the pictures you have shared of your pipes, they are quite beautiful, and unless I am missing something this cabinet design will not allow you to see your pipes on display.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Peck any updates on this? I am looking for a cabinet and understand that two cousins is no longer making them. Did you end up ordering anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.