PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Sexy, maybe. But not erotic (in this eMag). Showing a woman handling a symbol of male pleasure

creates a juxtaposition that is both quizzical and mildly provocative. Personally, I'm here just for the articles.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
To me they are the same thing as the girls at trade shows, interesting to look at and a welcome distraction but really just really Reeeaaaly good window dressing. I'm a pipe guy so I can't tell ya the last time I even opened the Pipe Babes area.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Watch out for this thread of discussion. Several of us remember the Pipe Babes Debacle from a few years back when I innocently asked, "Who is your favorite?", and the question launched over a hundred responses, some of them hostile and eventually resulted with a few members being banned from the forum, myself getting flamed, and the thread finally was terminated. A word to the wise.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My daughter Gabrielle is one of the pipe babes and she had a blast doing it. I always thank Kevin for giving her the opportunity plus she earned a few bucks which she appreciated.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Sexy or Not?
All depends on what your connotation of the word 'sexy' means to you. I can't remember the last time I looked at Pipe Babes. But, to me they are simply attractive young women posing with a pipe, albeit that more often than not they could just as well be holding a monkey wrench rather than a pipe. Other than that, I certainly don't in any way shape or form find it as sexploitation!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I remember a conversation at my first pipe show with one of the pipe babes. I intentionally steered the conversation to be about her husband, who was in the slow smoke contest. If I ever had the chance to meet Cigrmaster's daughter, I would turn the conversation to her dad, or perhaps what her dreams for her life would be. It was also fun to talk to Lori, Kevin's friend, at the show.
I hope that men who meet my wife and daughter would give the same courtesy. They are really fun to talk to.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Just remember when commenting that in some cases you are talking about a member's daughter, step-daughter, or girlfriend here.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Just remember when commenting that you are talking about a members daughter, step-daughter, or girlfriend here.
True, and to be honest, I can't seem to find the reason/purpose for the OP's question. Absolutely no reflection whatsoever on nhpro, but I personally simply fail to see what the purpose of the question is?

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
True, and to be honest, I can't seem to find the reason/purpose for the OP's question. Absolutely no reflection whatsoever on nhpro, but I personally simply fail to see what the purpose of the question is?
Agreed! And my comment was not directed at you, Phil. Or anyone in particular for that matter. Just didn't want to see this turn disrespectful and see someone get in trouble who might not know.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Agreed, They are someone's loved ones and that alone calls for due respect. Rule of thumb, If you wouldn't want someone saying it about your mother, you shouldn't be saying it. I can't say I pay much attention to that section but some obviously enjoy it.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
Sexy or Not?
What are your thoughts?
For me it's neither. To me it just looks like some attractive young ladies doing some G-Rated "Glamour Shot" style modeling with a pipe theme. Cute girls but definately nothing even close to risque.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
My 75 y.o. wife smokes a pipe and I consider her a pipe babe, well, my pipe babe anyway. I have always found women who are independent, confidant, and doing what they enjoy, sexy. In the 70s I found a woman who had a Nikon F, or Leica M3 around her neck, and knew what to do with it sexy. I think a woman who actually likes to smoke a pipe, and not just pose with a pipe, is an interesting and sometimes sexy person. But hey, that's just my opinion... :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.