PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
So it's been awhile since I've been on for several reasons. Mainly because my computer decided to take the piss, so now I don't have a computer unless I'm borrowing someone elses, or at the library. But, it's nice to finally be able to log on and make an order. I just put in an order for some Tewksbury Company Hobbit's Weed and a 10" Rusticated Savinelli Churchwarden 403. Take note: I got the last one! Bwahaha! :puffy: It should be here in a few days, I went and got the 3 day shipping.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
Unfortunately I'm not back back, just borrowing parents laptop for 18 days while they're out of town and I'm dog sitting for em.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I've yet to try the Hobbit's Weed. I'm going to have to order some one of these days. I'm not a fan of Church Wardens, but its a Savinelli so I know it will be a great smoking pipe. Enjoy!

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Me and my girlfriend watched The Lord of the ring movies these past few days and seeing the churchwardens through out them made me want one that much more!!! They are legit!! Also made me want to try some hobbits weed!! Lol :rofl:

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
So I've been working on breaking it in, at first I wasn't impressed. It smoked fine, but churchwardens are hard for me to light because you can't look into the bowl while lighting, that got easier after a few times. I like it for a nighttime smoke when I'm just sitting down and relaxing. Maybe early evening if it's clear out and windless. Something nice to puff on while watching the sun go down. So my final thought on it is, it's a decent smoker, with minimal wrist movement (laziness WIN). I'll consider adding one or two more churchwardens to my collection.
Oh, and as for the Hobbit's Weed, I'm not terribly impressed. I'm not getting the ghosting problem that a few people have mentioned, but the cherry is way too strong for me, might cut it with something else to dumb it down. But I don't think I'll be ordering anymore. I did get some Ruins of Isengard, and Longbottom Leaf in, and thoroughly enjoy both of them. Ruins is a decent latakia blend, but still not on par with the almighty Dunhill Nightcap. :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.