Pioneer Pipes - Antiques or Collectibles?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmpoppe

Lurker
Jan 31, 2018
I have recently inherited 138 Pioneer Pipes (in mint condition) from my father who was a collector. I found some info on the company online in a 1960's Milan Bros flyer, listing one for $26 way back then. I cannot find much more info, and have no idea about what they would be worth. Any suggestions? Should I book a Pipe Show, or contact retailers directly? I don't really want to post on E-Bay, as there are none to compare. Thanks to all the experts out there!

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
https://www.ebay.com/sch/tracewonder/m.html?item=122941865343&hash=item1c9fe7fd7f%3Ag%3A0XkAAOSwsZJacLpL&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684
here is the sold listings for the seller who listed them. All but one sold at Buy it now, seems to be a market.

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
I have seen many of the pioneer meerschaum pipes at antique shops and on ebay. I like them they smoke great!
The pioneer meerschaum pipes co was part of the Wally Frank pipe company.

In un-smoked condition they sell for about 30 to 100 dollars depending on condition and the shape of the pipe.

The smoked pipes usually sell for around 10 to 50 dollars depending on condition.
I you want alot of people to see your pipes, I think ebay or etsy would be the best place to sell them .
If you wanted to sell the whole lot of them you could consign the pipes for sale.
You might want to contact Steve Fallon AKA PipeStud. He is a super nice guy and great to deal with.
He has a very successful ebay presence. here is a link to his consignment info
http://pipestud.com/pipestuds-ebay-consignment-acceptance-policy/

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Actually the founder and owner of Pioneer for about forty years was Alphons Schmidlin; my best guess is that Wally Frank acquired the business in 1965

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
correction: Schmidlin retired and sold the business to Hollco in early 1960

Status
Not open for further replies.