Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Hey guys, we have a new advertiser that has a real cool new product.
I think we all have a Corncob pipe or two. I have actually bit through one of my plastic stems on a Corncob.
Now you can get sexy, cool, fashionable stems for your Corncobs.
Corncob Pipes with Forever Stems
stems are NOT machine made. They are made from the best quality Vulcanite and Lucite stem blanks available. The tenons are individually cut and each stem and button are hand shaped.

The dot, a white Acrylic circle with a Brass center, is hand inlaid.

Close-up of dot

New Ad (Thanks Walker Briar Works for supporting PipesMagazine.com!)

Pimp Your Corncob with a Cool Stem

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Sweeet!!! I've always been embarrassed to smoke a cob in public. Those pimp-ass stems would change that completely.

peter

Might Stick Around
Oct 8, 2009
This couldn't have come at a better time. I was just going through my collection of cobs checking steps. Had to toss two away due to a poor bend. Figured I'd keep the bowls and shanks in case I had a burn out or something. Now I can get new stems!!!! These kids have their hippy-dippy weed pipes and now I can have a hippy-dippy cob!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
What a great idea! My only complaint with cobs were those chintzy plastic stems. Now me and "Iowa phil" can be seen in public together. :)

"Pimp Your Cob"... I like that.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I've got one c'cob. It has never smoked right, it's probably something I'm not doing right.

Anyone have any suggestions about breaking them in?

I could use the help.

Everyone seems to enjoy theirs, I never have.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
pstlpkr

Well I, for one, don't hold them in very high esteem. That's the reason I use cobs only to "test" new aromatics and flavored blends. They do have a distinctive taste though; and I wouldn't criticize anyone who likes them. I can't give you any break-in advice because I myself have never found them totally satisfactory; so I must being doing something wrong too!

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I have a few cobs and I enjoy them. I have found they need no break in like a briar just load and smoke. They do impart thier on flavor to the tobacco. I normally smoke burly blends in mine and it seems to go well with the cob flavor. I have found that the more the are smoked the less cob flavor they impart, also you don't want to push them to hard, slow puffing seems to yield the best flavor, more tobacco less cob flavor.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Thanks cortezattic and you too jwp159,

I am probably trying to smoke the c'cob too hot.

I'll give it go, a little slower and cooler.

Thanks again

tom12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2011
Just to revisit an old thread but I recently saw these and thought they looked amazing, I'm going to buy myself a couple once I get the money together.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I think these stems are the way to go for devotees of the cob. My biggest objection to smoking a cob is the chintzy feel of their plastic stems; not to mention the taste of burning pinewood; not to mention the corny off-taste of the smoke; not to mention the country bumpkin image they evoke... come to think of it, these stems are sort of like puttin' lipstick on a pig! :rofl:

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
here's mine. I love it!!

IMG_20110415_134926.jpg
[/img]
it fits my Standard cob my diplomat and my Country gent..

Status
Not open for further replies.