Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
at 7:00pm at the Pen & Pencil Club as usual. This forum has the distinction of bringing in a dozen or so new members last year, more than all of the other fora combined. Why do you think this is?
Hot cooked-to-order meals and a full bar, served by our winsome wench, along with free and copious tobacco, fine conversation and conviviality.
hp

les

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
And having someone like Les who has forgotten more about pipes and tobacco than I will ever know ;)

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Some more info about this week's meeting: Sutliff sent us 3 big jars of experimental tobaccos for us to test and rate. One's an English, and 2 are aromatic. We also need to discuss the possibility of Erik Stokkebye visiting us at the February meeting. Anyone wanting a ride down West Chester Pike should contact me. Also, any blends that folks want to try? Let me know - chances are that I have it.
hp

les

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
pipe - Morley's meets in downtown Philly, at the Pen & Pencil Club on Latimer. We have a number of regulars who drive in from Jersey, Delaware and Maryland. We've had visitors too from places like Minnesota.
hp

les

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Shoot, I'm out as well. My parents have doctor visits scheduled that day at 5 PM in Maryland. Maybe in February!

For newbies, taking the drive into the city for this event is definitely worth the effort. This is one of the largest clubs on the East Coast and the venue is perfect for a nice meal and as much smoking as you like. Parking is only $10 for the evening, it it is 10 min or less off the PA Turnpike (676?).

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Good point, coming into the city, traffic varies. I had in my mind leaving. I'm always on the bridge back to Jersey in about 10 mins at 10PM. I typically stay in Deptford, maybe 15 minutes away at that time of the night. I'm always amazed how easy Philly is to navigate vs. NYC or Washington.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
If anyone is coming from South Jersey I take PATCO (speed line). It's cheaper than paying for parking, you don't have to drive, and the station is a block from The P&P. If you are interested PM me.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Les,
By any chance do you have any Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake? I am really interested in that tobacco right now.
Thanks,
Dan

decigar

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2013
Hey Sam, Do you have any pipe racks where the tops are not an enclosed circle? Some of my pipe are too big to fit and I need a pipe rack with an open top.
Hey Dan, I have a tin of Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake open I can bring.
Hey Les, I will also bring the Drew Estates Meat Pie.
Andrew

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
Hey Dan, I have a tin of Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake open I can bring.

Andrew
Hey Andrew, you mind passing that my way as well? Ive been looking to try it and its been sold out on my last two purchases.
&
Les do you mind bring me a little Peacehaven?
Ill bring some blends for everyone to try as well, looking forward to it!

decigar

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2013
Zach absolutely not!!! j/k I just got a bag of Peacehaven, I'll bring as well. Although i would image Les' baccy has a bit more age to it than mine =)

Status
Not open for further replies.