Tags:  No tags yet. 

Petersons Sunset Breeze Alternative

(12 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by greatsteaks
  • Latest reply from greatsteaks
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

greatsteaks

Login to Send PM

Can someone rcomend something similar to Sunset Breeze, it's one of the few tobaccos that I can actually taste. I really like it however my tongue does not. I have one of those tongues that burn when most reviewiers say that a particular tobacco has no bite. Currently the only ones that don't fry my mouth are RLP-6, 1Q, PS Navy Flake, and PS black dansk. Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. quincy

quincy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I found CAO's Eilleen's Dream as a close one to it. It's a decent, although cheaper smoke. Not too sure about the bite for you although some people complain its a little goopy and chemical tasting. I have found neither to be true. In fact, I bought Sunset Dream because it sounded similar. I think the CAO has a more pronounced taste but I like the subtlety of Sunset Dream.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. joshwolftree

joshwolftree

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I do like the Eileen's Dream but never having had sunset I couldn't compare them. though for Eileen's dream to be smoke-able I did need to pop the tin and let it sit without a lid for two days,drying out. It'll gurgle and steam and give you some wicked tingling in your tongue if you try to smoke it straight away without some drying

The true measure of a mans worth is how he chooses to chance his mortality
    Junior Member of the Black Bloods
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. quincy

quincy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's a good call, Josh. Let that stuff dry out a little bit and you're good to go.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. auspipe

auspipe

Login to Send PM

Try some 4noggins Catamount, definately my favourite aromatic so far, much better than sunset breeze. No bite at all, just a delightful flavour and aroma.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. igloo

igloo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ashton Smooth Sailing , Think of it as Sunset Light .

“There was an awful suspicion in my mind that I'd finally gone over the hump, and the worst thing about it was that I didn't feel tragic at all, but only weary, and sort of comfortably detached.”
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. hfearly

hfearly

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Larsen 2011 Edition!

Suffering from a serious case of "EPARD", also known as the Estate Pipe Acquisition and Restoration Disorder.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. quincy

quincy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Try to find Fire-roasted Black Cavendish. It's usually called "Midnight" or something like that in bulk. Lots of flavor, burns super cool, and has no bite.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A few ideas here: Lane's BCA is emerging as one of my favorite, try Hobbits Weed from Tweaksbury in Denver and CAO Moontrance tin. All great stuff and no bite on me, the Noob.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

greatsteaks

Login to Send PM

Went to Tewksbury & Co. Yesterday and bought 4oz of Hobbits Weed. VERY good stuff and right in my back yard! I can taste cherry and vanella, flavors I have not been able to taste in others. Doubt the 4oz will last the week. Thanks for the suggestion. The guy who sold it to me was blending it right behind the counter when I walked in. He said they ship about 70lbs every week all over the world.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. lordwolf

lordwolf

Login to Send PM

I love the sunset breeze. Ive never had a problem with bite though. You might want to try a fishtail stem if your having biting issues. I love em!

Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world. ~Irish Proverb
    Posted 1 year ago #
  12. User has not uploaded an avatar

greatsteaks

Login to Send PM

How is a fishtail different then a regular stem?

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   mmjk, lordofthepiperings, willc, yaddy306, sailorjeremy, rsuninv, daimyo, samcoffeeman, dieseltech, tbradsim1, xrundog, dlgillen