PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatsteaks

Lurker
Jan 14, 2013
Can someone rcomend something similar to Sunset Breeze, it's one of the few tobaccos that I can actually taste. I really like it however my tongue does not. I have one of those tongues that burn when most reviewiers say that a particular tobacco has no bite. Currently the only ones that don't fry my mouth are RLP-6, 1Q, PS Navy Flake, and PS black dansk. Thanks for any suggestions.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
I found CAO's Eilleen's Dream as a close one to it. It's a decent, although cheaper smoke. Not too sure about the bite for you although some people complain its a little goopy and chemical tasting. I have found neither to be true. In fact, I bought Sunset Dream because it sounded similar. I think the CAO has a more pronounced taste but I like the subtlety of Sunset Dream.

joshwolftree

I do like the Eileen's Dream but never having had sunset I couldn't compare them. though for Eileen's dream to be smoke-able I did need to pop the tin and let it sit without a lid for two days,drying out. It'll gurgle and steam and give you some wicked tingling in your tongue if you try to smoke it straight away without some drying

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
That's a good call, Josh. Let that stuff dry out a little bit and you're good to go.

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
Try some 4noggins Catamount, definately my favourite aromatic so far, much better than sunset breeze. No bite at all, just a delightful flavour and aroma.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Try to find Fire-roasted Black Cavendish. It's usually called "Midnight" or something like that in bulk. Lots of flavor, burns super cool, and has no bite.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
A few ideas here: Lane's BCA is emerging as one of my favorite, try Hobbits Weed from Tweaksbury in Denver and CAO Moontrance tin. All great stuff and no bite on me, the Noob.

greatsteaks

Lurker
Jan 14, 2013
Went to Tewksbury & Co. Yesterday and bought 4oz of Hobbits Weed. VERY good stuff and right in my back yard! I can taste cherry and vanella, flavors I have not been able to taste in others. Doubt the 4oz will last the week. Thanks for the suggestion. The guy who sold it to me was blending it right behind the counter when I walked in. He said they ship about 70lbs every week all over the world.

lordwolf

Might Stick Around
Feb 12, 2013
United States
I love the sunset breeze. Ive never had a problem with bite though. You might want to try a fishtail stem if your having biting issues. I love em!

Status
Not open for further replies.