Status
Not open for further replies.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Hello.

Just finished a bowl of 3p's.

Cracked the tin when I got in 2013, and have had it jarred up since a few bowls 2 years ago.

Delicious plum and fig tin note.
Cut off a few thick flakes and let them sit for a couple of days then small cube cut and gravity feed into a cob with a bit of kindling.
Smoked the first third before dinner while busy in workshop, was very harsh on the tonsils, not particularly enjoyable. Sat down to do the taxes for the remaining 2/3's after dinner, with some loose leaf red tea and it was very smooth, a few relights but pleasant puffing and smoked down to a bit of grey dust. Significant nic hit, was probably good to only have 2/3's in one sitting.
Notes for next time, its a sit down blend for me, not just for the nicotine but also for the slower pace puffing and the harshness that seemed to avoid.
moustache note, deeper and richer than the bowl of 5100 i had at midday, actually i think i will try mixing them 50/50 sometime to even out the nic a little.
Recommend to anyone who was thinking about a pleasant plummy plug that packs a punch.
Like I said, NOT a formal review, ha.
Isaac

May 31, 2012
Recommend to anyone who was thinking about a pleasant plummy plug that packs a punch.
Love that quote!
A fine review I think.
PPP is one of my staples.
Did you smoke from the rectangular tin or the newer round style?
I wish Pete would add a bigger brother plug with a bit more strength,

PPP in relation to the other UK plugs is more on the medium side of things...

May 31, 2012
Duh, my bad.
Somehow missed a crucial bit which I noticed upon reread,
You were smoking from a 2013 tin, so it was one of the square ones...

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I have some of this in the square tin I got last year. I too enjoy the flavors, but find it a bit strong in the nic department. Works best for me slightly dry, very small cubes, in a small bowl.

Nice review (non formal review), thanks for sharing.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Thanks for the review. This is back in my regular stable of blends. I sliced up several plugs awhile back and now am really getting back into this after a long hiatus.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
mr lower casE, that is strange they have changed to a round tin for a little square plug? Yes, Nicotine for me can be considered strong pretty quickly, I am usually on a 2-3 bowls a week diet.

docspipe

Might Stick Around
Dec 12, 2014
I enjoy PPP on occasion. It's a strong smoke but satisfyingly good. Many around me don't care for the room note so I usually reserve it for smoking on my deck. Haven't purchased any in the round tins as of yet and given the noticeable changes in Peterson's Irish Flake, I'm curious to see if the tin isn't all that has changed with this plug!

Status
Not open for further replies.