PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Just curious how many member here have a Peterson System Pipe? I have one and love it..just wondering what everyone elese thinks. :puffy:

morton

May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I've got a few now, in various shape and sizes, all are p-lips. Some are great smokers and some are good but none are bad. One even has a small crack in the bowl and still smokes like a trooper. I would have to say that I really like them.

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
I have a few that have the p-lip system and they're great smokers never had any problems with them.

jameral

Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
I have 2. An XL 307 and a 313, both p-lips. Love both of them and would love to add some more to the collection! :puffy:

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
I have an Aran and a Sherlock Holmes Original also one I picked up at an antique fair,it is marked "REJECT Made in Republic of Ireland",it is obviously a Pete System and smokes like a dream and I can't find anything wrong with it. ( I've got a Pete 999 in the offing )
Tom

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I have a 303 and a Sherlock Holmes bulldog. They are both great smokers although I prefer straight pipes these days (I rarely smoke the 303).

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I love my 305 p-lip system standard, took 4 pipe orders before one came in acceptable conditon. One had a rim that was missing a chip the size of my pinky, two came with a band imporperly drilled so when I removed the stem, one band came off entirely and the other gouged the stem very badly with the metal. Both stems were pretty much ruined from this before even smoking them. The one I did choose to keep has a rim that isn't a perfect circle, it's almost jagged, but that isn't real easy to see, also comes with a lot of fills, but that was to be expected at that price. I would recomend getting a premier or better, just to avoid these issues. Unless your getting it used, then ask the seller about these defects, and if it doesn't have them and has a good return policy, pull that trigger :)

Status
Not open for further replies.