PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
Just received a call from Peterson. The remaining shapes of the St. Patrick's Day pipes will not be available until after St. Patrick's Day.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've noticed that holiday pipes are often available after the designated holiday and year, so if you missed the one you want, keep scouting for it. No law says you have to own it on the holiday itself.

Jan 8, 2013
mso489... exactly. I can of course understand wanting to have the pipe in your hands at least on St. Patrick's Day. But if you're not able to have it by then, you can still enjoy it later. After all, the pipe's not going to be smoked only that one day out of the year. I smoke my St. Patty's pretty often.

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
Normally Peterson St Patty pipes are out of stock a month before the holiday. I'm updating those that have posted "I passed on a St Patty pipe and now I missed my chance" threads the past few days. If you haven't gotten one and want one keep checking with your preferred B&M or online retailer because you will have another chance to score one in a week or so. Normally you would've been out of luck by now.
Also, always a good idea to check with your local B&M for something like this anyways. They might have ordered only a couple and are keeping them in-store as opposed to listing them online.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
This weekend several b&m's that I know of are starting their Peterson Days and will be putting out the pipes and tobacco. The 2 I know will both have Pete reps on hand Sat.
So check around.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
This weekend several b&m's that I know of are starting their Peterson Days and will be putting out the pipes and tobacco. The 2 I know will both have Pete reps on hand Sat.
So check around.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
And, you better get your Corned beef now! Last minute & all that's available is the cheap fatty cut!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I checked with Smokingpipes, and they tell me a 107 version of St Paddy's won't be made this year. Maybe they'll change their minds. I'd sure like to won a bright green St. P's, and I'm surprised that a 107 version wasn't made.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I prefer the x105 myself. None of the shapes this year really called out to me. Like the design though, much more like typical St. Patrick's Day symbolism. Might have bought one in a 150 shape if they made it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not going for a St. Pats pipe, but I am impressed with the carved border at the top of the bowl, which seems like a tasteful touch to distinguish this from other pipes in those shapes. I'd have liked to see it in a B11 or in their author shape which hasn't been around for a while.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Peterson, what with this year's Christmas pipes and St. Paddy's pipes, continues to amaze. Hope they do another Halloween pipe. Author shapes, mso489? i was unaware of this. Maybe they'll do an H.P. Lovecraft pipe along with a Halloween pipe, or conbine them. No writer says Halloween like the venerable HPL.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
sparrowhawk, check me on this now. I bought what was billed as a Peterson author shape 408 about four years ago in the rusticated Kapet series. Haven't seen them since, the Kapet series nor the shape. It's a nice pipe. I admit, it took a long time to break in, one of those that is still settling down after more than a year, but it's a good big bowl and does a nice job with complex blends. A straight pipe with a tapered stem, very traditional.
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=93609
Here's a link to the old SPC listing, but I don't think it's available anymore new. I guess it has a slight bend, I now see. Not much.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
...Looks like Cup O Joes now has this in a smooth finish in the Aran series:
http://www.cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/spgm?dpt=H&srch=KW&item=petara408

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
I just saw that Pipes and Cigars has them back in stock...
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipes/90168/peterson-st-patricks-day-2015-pipes/

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Smokingpipes.com has the SPD pipe in the author 408 shape, speaking of the devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.