Peterson Royal Irish POY 2003 (no shape number)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I'm guessing no shape number means it didn't exist before the 2003 POY release, and will not be used again? That it was cooked up just for that special run of 1000 pieces?
(Anyone who knows that sort of stuff about how Pete POYs work, please comment.)
The elephant in the room is how I ended up with a one-sided pipe. :lol: It's sort of a long story, and doesn't matter in any event. I love everything about the pipe except the grain, and it's an all-time top 10 smoker, both ergonomically and flavor/performance wise.
57.0 grams, 5.70" long (what are the odds of that, I wonder?) :lol:
P1020313.jpg

P1020318.jpg

P1020320.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Mark Irwin has a blog entry on the Killer B's. That shape, the B20 was introduced in 2003 as the POY.
Mark adds:

The B20 was first released as the 2003 Limited Edition and is another shape that displays the Peterson House Style to magnificent effect. The only release I have been able to confirm is for the low-grade Shamrock, which appeared in 2008, although there must have been others.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
George, Limited Edition issues don't have shape numbers. I have two (1997/1999). Both are XL21s in a modified form (shortened shank and straight bits with Army mounts. I'm surmising but I suspect all of Limited Edition series have some alteration included and therefore not true to the original shape number. I think Peterson has been making one every year since 1997 each as a 1000 pipe run. I agree with you the two examples I have are superb smokers

Reactions: seanv
Status
Not open for further replies.