PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigarchest

Lurker
Aug 10, 2014
Hey fellas. New to this forum here. I usually only smoke pipe on the weekends with my beverages. Until now it's been just cobs but I have the urge to indulge in something a bit more substantial. I really dog the bulldog type look and speed this Peterson line that caught my eye. Anyone have experience with the Rosslares? Thanks.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I really like my Petersons. I don't have any Rosslares, but all I've heard about them is good. There

has been some grumbling lately about the quality in new Petersons, but all six of mine have done

fine. Welcome to Forums.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Welcome to the forums. Like mso, I am very happy with my Petersons. I actually have 2 Rosslares and I love them. Be aware, there are two Rosslare lines: Classic and Royal. The Royals are pricier and higher end. In fact the Rosslare Royals are considered the low-end of the High End Petersons.
I recommend James Fox Dublin if you want a Rosslare Royal for the same price of a Classic in the U.S.
Here are mine:
pete1.jpg

ross.jpg

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Welcome to the forum!
I have a Peterson Rossalare Royal Irish Sandblasted Billiard (106) and it is a great pipe. The citrus stem looks way better in person than on websites. It is an easy task to keep the stem clean: I run a pipe cleaner dabbed in some everclear (common name for liquor store grain alcohol) once in a while, and the smoke that might darken the airway comes spotlessly clean (is removed that is).
Peterson makes great pipes, I have 8 of them, 3 are 2013 and 2014 purchases, and all of them are great burners.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I've been happy with my Petersons, including the ones of recent manufacture. I don't think you'll go wrong. And the Rosslare is, without question, a beautiful looking pipe. Enjoy!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Is that an army mount type deal there?
Yes, tho technically, when there is silver used, they are generally called spigots. But I have to say, Rossalre spigots are very hard to find - when I spied that one, I had to grab it. The other Rosslare (bottom one) is not a spigot.

cigarchest

Lurker
Aug 10, 2014
Quick update. I chickened out and just got a couple forever stems instead. Perhaps later I will get my feet wet with a quality briar.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
They are beauties. I have one like the bottom pic of Six, those are called Rosslare Royal Irish, they have a piece of silver wrapped around the tenon at the stem face, like a faux spigot. Never seen a spigot Rosslare in person.

I would try to find an estate one, as the new ones I have seen have bare bowls and take forever to break in ......

Status
Not open for further replies.