PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
If anyone else has a racing green that they've smoke a lot, I'd be curious to know if yours is also starting to change colors. I started noticing it some time ago but seems to be accelerating rapidly. Some of the green is changing to yellow, more noticeable the closer to the rim you look, but it goes partway down the bowl. I tried to get some pictures but can't really get it to come out right.
Anyway, just seeing if anyone else had seen this.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Sorry no experience. I should be picking up a new 2012 christmas pete tomorrow tho and if im not happy, it will be my last pete as im not thrilled about my others

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
Always wanted to try a Peterson but have not been willing yet to pull the trigger on a pipe of $100-$150 I'm not sure I'll like, I've been searching for an estate that looks good. I love the 80S shape!

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
Ok thanks for the replies. I wasn't saying it as a bad thing...it's actually a better looking pipe now than when it was brand new. Details/fit/finish are very nice, drilled correctly, wouldn't say it's really painted, smokes great, no excess heat, no gurgle. Haters gonna hate.

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
No worries, I just realized that my OP was being taken for yet another "why does my new Pete suck so bad" thread, and that wasn't the intent. I agree Pete's QC department has been slipping lately and that's sad, however I've been a fan for about 10 years and have rarely been disappointed. I'm now very careful about buying them new, and mostly only buy new old stock, and estates that need some love.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I cannot recall where I saw this - but I know I saw a post somewhere that showed photos of someone's green Petersons that had lost all of their color and were now a dark brown - so I believe the answer is yes.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
All pipes change coloration as they are smoked, the material used depends on how much.

Status
Not open for further replies.