PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
I found a pipe at a flea market for 8.00 and it say Especially Made for Peterson LTD. On the side it says Straight Grain.

Anybody know who made pipes for Peterson? Thanks in advance.

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
Never heard of a pipe 'made for Peterson'. I've seen reference to 'Kapp & Peterson Ltd' in relation to Peterson, but wondering if Peterson Ltd is a different company altogether...not 'the' Peterson pipe maker. I suppose you may confirm when you call. Will you let us know if you learn something?

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Similar types of markings can be found here under Made in France, and Lord Kirk,
http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/logo-peterson-rep.html
http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/logo-l6.html#lordkirk

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Photos would be helpful to everyone.
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Postimage; Dropbox, etc.), or on virtually any site, select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
After some thought, it could be one of those tourist pipes sold at the two international airports some years ago. I seem to recall the Peterson name was used on them in some manner which did not indicate they were in fact Peterson pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.