PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I tried to ask this before but got no response, so I'll try again, since I think a piper should have at least one churchwarden in his/her collection: does anyone have any knowledge or experience with the Peterson churchwardens, particularly the prince? I've had a couple different churchwardens, but so far the one I still have and really like is the short stem (for a churchwarden) Shire cobbit.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I cannot be of assistance regarding Peterson churchwarden pipes. If you want a churchwarden, then I would recommend a Ferndown double stem spigot set from Maxim Engels at pipes2smoke.com.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I can't speak to a Peterson churchwarden but I do have three Peterson P lips and they are fine smokers. I have an Altinok Meerschaum churchwarden. It is a great smoker as well. The only negative is that when I sit in my garage and smoke during the winter all wrapped up in my electric blanket, the length can be a bit awkward. I have numerous cobs and although I don't have a cobbit, I'm thinking it is a great smoker as well.

Don't be afraid of the Pete. Happy puffing and good luck!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Thanks for the input, gents, especially the tip about eBay. That might be a very fine way to start. My primary concern is the chamber, which seems a bit small. But I'll certainly check out eBay.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=&_osacat=593&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Peterson+churchwarden&_sacat=593
I love helping folks spend pipe money!

Status
Not open for further replies.