PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

autocannon

Lurker
Jul 29, 2012
Indian Trail, NC
Well, the last time I was in Ireland, I didn't have time to visit Peterson of Dublin, so I am going back. From what I can tell they have moved to a new location. I am flying into Dublin tonight and will arrive there in the morning. Anyone want to grab a pint while I am there?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
New location? Still I Grafton Street, I hope, the main shopping thoroughfare in Dublin. What a great city.

Pardon my history buff nerdiness, but I love the fact that Jonathan Swift (you know, the guy who wrote

Gulliver's Travels) was the Dean of St. Patrick's Cathedral (Irish Anglican, not Catholic as you might think

in Ireland, during the English occupation you know). Jonathan Swift had a near life-long partnership

(played as a friendship at the time) with a woman, though they never married. This was a highly placed

cleric, mind you. AND, they are buried side-by-side in the Cathedral. How totally enlightened, whether

this was accomplished by vast denial or an understanding by winks. God bless Swift and his beloved.

Nothing like that could happened in our tight-assed times, anywhere. Progress. Huh!

Dec 24, 2012
Actually the Grafton street address was not that long ago. I was there in October/2012 and they had just moved to their new location on Nassau. They had been at the previous location a very long time. The previous location, which was right beside the current location of James Fox, is a few minute walk from the current location.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
There is no place, and I mean NO PLACE like Dublin on a rugby international weekend. Win or lose (and the Irish are the best losers, and winners, in the sporting world) you will find the streets thronged with happily-inebriated Irishmen - and the 'crac' is something unequalled elsewhere.
But please, for me, drink in a place that serves its Guinness at cellar temperature rather than ice-cold!! LOL

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Being an Irishman though I think I'd rather watch the Rugby match on a pitch in the South Pacific and gladly forego the Guinness for the warmer temperatures given it's currently snowing up a storm in Canada today.

Status
Not open for further replies.