PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Irish Oak is a nice enough blend, but a little too much perique for me. I smoked one tin and never re-ordered.
Nightcap is considered by many to be the classic "full English". I haven't smoked any in years, but used to enjoy it. I never felt it was a must have, though. I might pick up another tin to reminisce with, but I am not in a hurry to do so.

plet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2012
Denmark
Irish Oak is good, but not fantastic in my opinion. Nightcap is, to me, the most noble and enjoyable smoke out there!

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I also enjoy Nightcap a lot. Live the strength, flavor, everything about it really. Haven't tried the Irish Oak but does sound like one I'd like.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Nightcap is probably one of the best "English" blends. If nothing else, it's very unique. A warning, it is a huge nic hit. Try it in a small bowl first if you can. Definitely my favorite though, you should enjoy it.

cedeks

Might Stick Around
Nov 16, 2012
I think night cap is a very good English blend (I always keep a tin around) however, for Dunhill blends I prefer 965 which is for me the best blend offered by Dunhill and EMP since it is a bit lighter than night cap (bit less nicotine fits my taste more). In all cases hope you will enjoy it :)
For the Irish oak I didn't try yet, hopefully soon ;)

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
I'll let you know my amateur opinion once they arrive. Should be here in 5-6 days. I think I'm going to wait till my Irish Seconds pipe gets here to smoke the Irish Oak though. Simply because of the Irish in the names haha.

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
Nightcap is on my top five list to have at all times,,,one of my favorites that I can smoke anytime of day.

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
Nightcap is the one tobacco the absence of which causes me pain. My feelings about Nightcap almost convince me that pipe smoking is physiologically addictive. 8O

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
I got them both today from the Post Office Box near town, and I decided to open up the Irish Oak first, saving the Nightcap for the after midnight club. Upon opening the tin I was a bit nervous, being used to the sweet sugary cherry smell of the PC packed Smokers Pride I've been puffing on. But I could immediately tell a difference, having had to let the old Cherry Cavendish dry out overnight. Even just packing my bowl, I could tell that this was going to be a whole different ball game. I gave it a false light and watched the strands of tobacco dance when the flame touched them. Lightly tamping, I became more excited than nervous, and as I put my next match to it and lit, a whole new world was opened up to me. I got a hint of something sweet like a faint childhood memory of a candy store. Being that this is only my 2nd pipe tobacco I've had, the first being Smokers Pride Cherry Cavendish, all I'll say is that this was a breath of fresh air, so to speak. A hint of sweetness throughout the first half of the bowl, and then something pleasant that I can't describe, perhaps when I have more experience. Anyways it was a very pleasant smoke, no tongue bite, and compared to my first tobacco, I was living in the Ritz.

Status
Not open for further replies.