PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Peterson House Pipes are supposed to be very large pipes. This one pictured below is stamped 307 and is supposedly a very early version of their current model. The base of the stem is of much smaller diameter that the new ones. Anyone who is familiar with these can chime in at any time to verify this.

PetersonHousePipe.jpg

I read a post which the guy said that his Peterson House Pipe was the one pipe that without fail, always burned from top to bottom without any re-lights.
Anyone else own a House Pipe? Or have comments on them?

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Found this video of a Peterson House pipe on Youtube..the comments refer to him being a sexy pipe stud, so we might have to get pipegoddess, Cyndi, and a few other women to confirm this...I would know NOTHING about that. :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUbyj6HHeWY

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
I do enjoy sitting down to my peterson. Its like mar said, nowhere to go, nothing to do.

he looks a bit s&m to me must be thee film noir style of camera work, but i keep looking for the leather shorts

robs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2010
Hi Hobie, I have a Pre Republic 307 which is actually a Made In England, so that gives a clue to its age.
IMG_5113.jpg

I would agree that in "some" respects I could see where the arguement comes from about these being a forerunner to the House Pipe, but in all honesty, the House Pipe is absolutely Huge in comparison. I have both and will immediately say that the 307 is my preferred smoker, in part this is down to the Stem. The Large Saddle Bit of the House Pipe is "large" and I find the smaller 307 Stem to be far more comfortable.
Here is the 307 in entirity shown on the bottom of this pairing.
IMG_5122.jpg

The Pipe above it is also a 307 (Pre Republic again but an Eire Production one) Size wise this one resembles today's 312. As you can see the England 307.... or 03 as it should be referred to if one is being ever so correct, is considerably larger.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I like the idea but I am not sure I could get though a whole bowel before I would have to set it down. Come to think of it, maybe it's just what I need... :puffy:

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Yep, Peterson House Pipes are actually Magnum sized pipes. They are quite collectible, and one fill will take you right through a whole baseball or football game. Now that's an afternoon of total enjoyment :puffy:

robs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2010
Hobie, I borrowed this photo taken by Jim Lilley (Co Founder of The International Peterson Pipe Club and Peterson Collector Supreme) which might clarify things further.
"You will note in the photo below,starting at the bottom pipe which is a Darwin,followed by a Charles Peterson 140 year Anniversary,next is a modern smooth House pipe,followed by a Bond's of London 'Special' XL and finally a huge Pre -Republic XXL 'Magnum' .Hope that helps clarify size and scale of 'House' pipes."
Huge-Pete-Comparison-XL.jpg

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
so the pipe in my top photo is likely just like the one in your bottom line-up? Reason why, is that the one in my photo up top is on Ebay this week.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Any brother that wants to move away from big bowled pipes needs to PM me. I'm smoking my largest Ooooooooom Paul filled with luscious Penzance this morning. Brothers,there is no bowl too large for this experience.

Reactions: thuber88

robs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2010
Fraid not Hobie, the Darwin, bottom of Jim's Photo is a very large Bowl too.
This might help? This is a picture I took of my Darwin Deluxe, with my Kinsale XL23 and then my Pete 302 Sandblast, which we used to illustrate how much larger the Darwin's Bowl capacity was.
IMG_5075.jpg

So this is Darwin on your left, XL23 centre and 302 on Right.
IMG_5077.jpg

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
You are the man, I have a Kinsale XL23 just like that so now I have a great reference for size..thanks again for the pics. And people have the audacity to question me on my photo requests. :crazy: :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.