PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
I should mention right away that I normally smoke aromatics and I like them "usually". Well this my first Peterson tobacco and if the rest of them are this good I will be really impressed. Gold blend is a mild, smooth smoke with just enough flavouring to let you know its an aromatic. The room note smells nice to me but its not as sweet smelling as most others so non smokers may or may not like it. I can taste a hint of nutty and a little vanilla but its not over powering at all. In short I think this is a terrific blend, its burns clean, stays lit, smokes smooth and smells good too. Highly recommend this to anyone including new pipe smokers.

pipe1-150x76.jpg

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
Peterson makes great tobaccos. My favourite is Connoisseurs Choice and heard good things about Sunset Breeze as well.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
So far I've tried Irish Flake and Irish Whiskey. Love them both. Since I don't smoke a lot, maybe an ounce, ounce-and-a-half a week, it takes me a while to go through things and experience new ones.

To me, Peterson baccys have a flavor of their own, underlying whatever else. They also have good body and Vitamin N.

grafikchaos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2012
Chapin, SC
Old Dublin and Irish Oak are both fantastic English blends. Lots of little things going on with them. I love, love, love them!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I really enjoyed the Nutty Cut. I got a sort of chocolate and nut flavor from it, and no bite. I also like Sherlock Holmes, but only in a pipe dedicated to it, seems to be primarily Virginia and lightly sweet. Of course, the other Peterson blends listed here are wonderful.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I've not tried the Gold Blend. Sunset Breeze, Nutty Cut (aros) and Old Dublin for when I get the rare urge for English style are my favorite Peterson blends -good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.