PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
My girlfriend has gifted me a wonderful Peterson Churchwarden D6 for Easter. It's my first churchwarden and I have been pondering the perfect tobacco genre combo. I was thinking flake tobacco - Erinmore can bite or MacB Navy flake.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Seems kinda small for a flake. I usually smoke Frog Morton on the Bayou in mine, in keeping with LOTR, lol.

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
thoughts...........I've been married 9 yrs and I have not recd. any pipes from the wife. Those D6's are nice looking pipes as well. Nice Easter present.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yeah they aren't the best flake pipes as they are small. I have one and smoke aros or Englishes out of it. Frog Morton is a good choice.

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
Thanks for the replies. It does comfortably take a flake of Erinmore cube cut. The pipe smoked well for 2 hours and slight less in the 2nd night as I puffed a little harder.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sometimes flake and cut cube, once rubbed, seem to smoke forever, even in a small pipe. Once you get

the tobacco settled in the bowl, tamped down a little, it seems to have a lot of density though it retains

the fire just fine. It can be annoying, relighting at first. But if things get going, it can be like smoking

an extra large pipe, just going and going.

Status
Not open for further replies.